Michael O'Connor Signs! | Page 4 | Vital Football

Michael O'Connor Signs!

Don’t think there’s a place in the plan A team for Rhead (not to say we couldn’t have a plan B). Although he has ‘a great touch for a big man’ we need more than that to challenge for automatic promotion, which has to be the target this season. Unfortunately his great touch doesn’t make up for being off the pace, he does what he’s there for very well but creates clear limitations for the team moving forward.

Rheady must be the first name on the team sheet and the rest picked around him. We don’t want to be a tippy tappy team like we’re seeing in the World Cup.

Get rid of Rheady?? who's going to break the news to all the little boys and girls?? They absolutely love him. No no, you'll have to have another think about the formation.

I think it’ll be O’Connor and Boz in front of a back 4 with attacking full backs. With 3 attackers (currently Anderson Pett Andrade) behind Green

Could definitely see a scenario like...

1) City play neat football with with Freck, O’Connor, Pett, Andrade

2) Struggle a bit to break teams down, Green ploughing lone furrow

3) Rhead is a massive nuisance and scores the odd goal when we find form again

4) Pett out on loan to a north London area side, Rhead plays 35 games and scores ten goals, every other team cries about how direct we are.

Exaggerated for effect but we have seen this movie before! Seeing as they gave Rheady a new deal last season I think he’ll still be involved a lot even if he is getting written off for the millionth time. Hopefully it’s a clear plan a / b and we mix it up well.

Of course Rheady has a place in the team. Each of our forwards offers something different which will be more valuable depending upon the defence we're against and the players playing around them.

Reading between the lines I think Bozzie will start in defence next season. But it is too early to tell the teams formation because I still think we could have three or four more coming into the club yet. If they are of the same quality as the three we have already signed the team will be totally unrecognisable from last season.

I think it’ll be O’Connor and Boz in front of a back 4 with attacking full backs. With 3 attackers (currently Anderson Pett Andrade) behind Green

Peronally, I think we'll have a revolutionary new mega-flexible formation that changes constantly during games to confuse opposition and commentators (not to mention us ?). I give you:
Back: 2/3/4/5
Defensive Midfield: 1/2
Midfield: 2/3/4/5
In the hole: 1/2
Strikers: 1/2/3/4/5
And for the subs bench those making up the Plans B,C,D,E, etc.

Disagree with the first half of that and he’s totally different to AW so don’t really get the second half

Opinions are great aren't they?

He might be totally different to Alex, but is that so bad? Occy has full international caps, so that's a step up for me. Time will tell just how much further Alex goes, but we have someone who has already played at a higher level and proven himself. Now to keep him fit.

Reading between the lines I think Bozzie will start in defence next season. But it is too early to tell the teams formation because I still think we could have three or four more coming into the club yet. If they are of the same quality as the three we have already signed the team will be totally unrecognisable from last season.
I don't.

DC likes a left footed CB, which is why Wharton came in to replace Raggett. Bostwick only dropped back there for a limited time due to Wharton's availability in the Checkatrade (and dropped for a game or two after Crawley away).

I don't.

DC likes a left footed CB, which is why Wharton came in to replace Raggett. Bostwick only dropped back there for a limited time due to Wharton's availability in the Checkatrade (and dropped for a game or two after Crawley away).

I agree. I'd expect him in midfield with 2 CB's to be signed. Think he's a better player in midfield anyway. Gives the defence more protection than our other options, would never have had that Boateng play off goal against us if Bostwick was in midfield.

Although Danny may think differently.