Michael O'Connor Signs! | Page 5 | Vital Football

Michael O'Connor Signs!

I agree. I'd expect him in midfield with 2 CB's to be signed. Think he's a better player in midfield anyway. Gives the defence more protection than our other options, would never have had that Boateng play off goal against us if Bostwick was in midfield.

Although Danny may think differently.
Agree with this. Although, based on some of his passing, I wouldn't want to be sitting in the front row of the stand.

Did Des & Freck play in the same team at Rotherham?

They did. Started a total of 26 league matches together across the two seasons they were both there.

In the league two season, they started together 15 times and won 7 of those 15 and won 23 points of a possible 45.

In the league one season, they started together 11 times and won 3 of those 11 and won 15 points of a possible 33.

Good, well grounded interview.

Quality player, has lived in Lincoln for last 8 years, knows the City and the passion of the fans.

I imagine that we may have offered a little less in terms of salary in the knowledge that joining us would save him 3hrs travelling to Notts each day as he lives in Lincoln.
3hrs !!! More like 45 minutes each way now with the dual carriage way!

They did. Started a total of 26 league matches together across the two seasons they were both there.

In the league two season, they started together 15 times and won 7 of those 15 and won 23 points of a possible 45.

In the league one season, they started together 11 times and won 3 of those 11 and won 15 points of a possible 33.
Is there a site where you can see which players have played with each other

Not in rush hour. Can easily be 1 1/2 hours each way.

I don't think he would be going into Nottingham every day though. I thought Notts County trained at the Arnold Town? That's just past Calverton North of Nottingham and it takes about an hour from Lincoln. Your only real hold up is going round Newark because then you would go past Kelham Hall and round by Southwell then through Calverton..

Last edited:
90 ish miles a day saved in fuel as well on top of extra family time. Not to be sniffed at over a year or two. £14 to £20 a day saved depending on the car?

90 ish miles a day saved in fuel as well on top of extra family time. Not to be sniffed at over a year or two. £14 to £20 a day saved depending on the car?

Don't know where he lives in Lincoln but from St Catherine's roundabout to Arnold Town is 32 miles if you go via Newark!

3hrs !!! More like 45 minutes each way now with the dual carriage way!
I was thinking of the return journey. I forgot about the A46 being dualled. When I lived in Notts it was in construction so I still have nightmares about that! To be honest, it might be 45 minutes to the outskirts of Nottm (Radcliffe) but it can be a nightmare after that in terms of traffic. Centre to centre is still at least an hour at most times of day.

Don't know where he lives in Lincoln but from St Catherine's roundabout to Arnold Town is 32 miles if you go via Newark!

Thought I saw someone on here say he,lives in Burton Waters? Don't know if that's right but would have been handy for DC & him to have neighbourly chats ?

Thought I saw someone on here say he,lives in Burton Waters? Don't know if that's right but would have been handy for DC & him to have neighbourly chats ?
Nope he doesent live down here! That was Hopper in Clucas ex house!