Bostwick Appeal | Vital Football

Bostwick Appeal

ImpfromWashy

Vital Squad Member
1. Have we officially launched an appeal ?
2. If we have, when is the appeal heard ?
3. Is the player allowed to play until the appeal is heard ?

His appeal will be heard prior to the Coventry game, contrary to the opinion of some Coventry fans who think we've appealed purely to allow him to be available for tomorrow night, which is incorrect.

Can’t see us winning any appeal unfortunately, they certainly like to close ranks.

We probably should note that Accrington got a stinker of a decision against us at SB in not too dissimilar circumstances so swings and roundabouts.

Can’t see us winning any appeal unfortunately, they certainly like to close ranks.

We probably should note that Accrington got a stinker of a decision against us at SB in not too dissimilar circumstances so swings and roundabouts.

Some u win , some u lose , that's life

3 independent people (ex referees?) view it and are allowed no communication with each other during the process. They each decide whether they think the red card was correct. It then needs (I believe) all 3 of them to conclude the decision was incorrect for the red card to be officially rescinded (2:1 majority is not enough). That's certainly how it works in Premier League........ can't see why the process would be different in EFL.

Really? I can't see anything in favour of upholding it.

I've spoken to several of my colleagues and all have said the decision was harsh, all of whom are not City fans. Admittedly, they aren't refs, but they have no allegiance to us whatsoever. I have to agree they'll probably close ranks though

Fingers crossed as I’ve reviewed the iFollow footage a couple of times and wouldn’t have been surprised if no card was given. A straight red looks ridiculous. The ref had a clear line of sight of the event but chose to listen to the Echo lino. They got it wrong.

It was a shocking decision no doubt but if Billy Knotts wasn’t rescinded? Although I’m glad to hear Accy had theirs overturned.

What we didn't know about the Billy Knott red card was that there is no requirement for intent where the boot is raised; in other words, it is an automatic red card even if you had no idea the other player was there.

Which is crackers beyond measure. Just another example of FIFA's apparent campaign to make football a non-contact sport.

What we didn't know about the Billy Knott red card was that there is no requirement for intent where the boot is raised; in other words, it is an automatic red card even if you had no idea the other player was there.

Which is crackers beyond measure. Just another example of FIFA's apparent campaign to make football a non-contact sport.

which is also crackers when everyone seems to view the ronaldo overhead kick not as dangerous play... but as goal of the century.

Fingers crossed as I’ve reviewed the iFollow footage a couple of times and wouldn’t have been surprised if no card was given. A straight red looks ridiculous. The ref had a clear line of sight of the event but chose to listen to the Echo lino. They got it wrong.

doesn't look like the lino even flagged, so when did he form his opinion of it being a foul?

That decision hasn't been carried out many times since Knotty got sent off. As we've seen quite a few who have had their boot high but haven't had a warning never mind a Red card.

So this is a red card is it?Why isn't Zlatan sent off every game?Zlatan.jpg