World Football News | Page 6 | Vital Football

World Football News

Can of worms?

More like a shipping container of worms!
The dips are still howling for their game with Spuds to be replayed. My bet is they’ll go full-on a war-footing to the FA/PL and use this precedent as ammunition.

Can of worms?

It is a VAT of worms and would inevitably lead to a fixture congestion which is already full and if they go down that route the season would have to be extended permanently and leave very little time for footballers to recover

Referees and the authorities only have themselves to blame for even having to make this announcement. They have the tools to deal with it (yellow cards for dissent) but have allowed it to get to the current state of affairs.

Mob the referee in rugby and you’ll be off the pitch. No ifs, no buts. And the idea that ‘football is different’ is, IMO, a nonsense. I know we have issues with officiating competence but on this issue players not having the discipline to restrain themselves from swearing at officials and getting in their faces is something that the officials have tacitly accommodated for years and remains unacceptable.

Referees and the authorities only have themselves to blame for even having to make this announcement. They have the tools to deal with it (yellow cards for dissent) but have allowed it to get to the current state of affairs.

Mob the referee in rugby and you’ll be off the pitch. No ifs, no buts. And the idea that ‘football is different’ is, IMO, a nonsense. I know we have issues with officiating competence but on this issue players not having the discipline to restrain themselves from swearing at officials and getting in their faces is something that the officials have tacitly accommodated for years and remains unacceptable.

Far too late this call all players from every club without exception at sometime crowd the Ref and it has never been stamped on.

A player in Rugby Union or League if given a red or a sin bin don’t hang about they walk off no argument and the Captains only approach the ref