World Football News | Page 4 | Vital Football

World Football News

Gianluca Vialli, the former Chelsea manager, has died at the age of 58. Announcing his death, the Italian Football Federation described him as "a great man, a great striker and a highly-regarded manager".

Vialli had pancreatic cancer re-diagnosed in 2021 after previously being treated for the illness for three years until 2020 and, although he was present for Italy’s 1-0 win against England at the final of the European Championship, the physical toll of the disease was easily sensed.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...i-dead-italian-striker-former-chelsea-manager

Gianluca Vialli, the former Chelsea manager, has died at the age of 58. Announcing his death, the Italian Football Federation described him as "a great man, a great striker and a highly-regarded manager".

Vialli had pancreatic cancer re-diagnosed in 2021 after previously being treated for the illness for three years until 2020 and, although he was present for Italy’s 1-0 win against England at the final of the European Championship, the physical toll of the disease was easily sensed.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...i-dead-italian-striker-former-chelsea-manager
😕 A sad loss. He was a fabulous player and a decent guy.

The Saudi End Game.

I can see UEFA looking at this and thinking if all the cash..........😛😛😛They will entertain it I am sure.

remind me again what continent Saudi Arabia is situated, should UEFA grant this wish, it opens a can of worms World wide.

remind me again what continent Saudi Arabia is situated, should UEFA grant this wish, it opens a can of worms World wide.
I am reminded of how Australia and Israel compete in the Eurovision Song Contest. I guarantee that if UEFA see there is plenty of €€€ available, they will be looking at ways of moving towards allowing this.

I suspect a 'test balloon' briefing soon in some friendly media outlet to see the reaction to any 'changes in format' which would enable a more 'inclusive' competition and which 'broadens the appeal of the most prestigious inter-club competition in the world' :blah::blah::blah:

So watch out for developments in the Saudi League which would see all the talent being assembled so far in separate teams being funneled into a single squad or the creation of a 'Saudi League Representative XI to compete in a 'UEFA Champions League Global tournament'....etc. Imagine the egos in such a team? :pinch:o_O

HIs position was untenable and I have no doubt that he will continue to deny the reality of his actions.
I hope Hermoso drops her lawsuit now he’s gone. He’s paid the price for his stupidity so let that be an end to it.

I hope Hermoso drops her lawsuit now he’s gone. He’s paid the price for his stupidity so let that be an end to it.
The whole episode detracted away from a famous Spanish victory. The whole incident was blown way out of preportion, but in this time he had no other option but to go.

The whole episode detracted away from a famous Spanish victory. The whole incident was blown way out of preportion, but in this time he had no other option but to go.
It was a massive, unnecessary and very unfortunate distraction from a famous win and probably could have been resolved differently (& much quicker). But there were issues - not least his ego and probably no small element of misogyny - which derailed everything.