Women's World Cup | Page 3 | Vital Football

Women's World Cup

whoever wins JK, I will be supporting in the final, the pen shoot out was nerve racking, especially when we missed the first and you could have put your shirt on the Keeper busting the net but it all worked out in the end.
When our keeper missed her pen l thought we had blown it.

Unfortunately, I’ll miss the clash between Australia and England as I’m going out shortly and won’t be back until late pm.
May the best team win. 👍

Cancel. Change of plans.

Two cracking finishes light up the match. Australia equalise after England forward Russo tries something she didn’t need to, gives the ball away high up the pitch leading to an Australian counter attack.

Millie Bright backs off and backs off …….and Sam Kerr slammed the ball home (with a slight deflection) from 20 yards a few seconds later.

Minutes later Hemp capitalises on a defensive mix up to slide the ball past the stranded Australian keeper to make it 1–2

After Sam Kerr misses a great opportunity from six yards out, England break away - Hemp runs at the defence, draws defenders and slips in her team mate Russo who slides the ball into the net.

Australia 1 England 3

3 mins of normal time to go.

Kerr’s goal was fabulous but England slightly the better team in a game where England scored from their chances and Australia squandered a few of theirs, but it was a cracking game and I thought after Sam’s goal the impetus was with OZ but Lauren Hemp’s persistence got us back in front

England just ruined City’s chance of being named team of the year

Kerr’s goal was fabulous but England slightly the better team in a game where England scored from their chances and Australia squandered a few of theirs, but it was a cracking game and I thought after Sam’s goal the impetus was with OZ but Lauren Hemp’s persistence got us back in front

England just ruined City’s chance of being named team of the year
:slap: