The National league... | Page 22 | Vital Football

The National league...

That’s a well-fed fox!
City foxes usually look healthier than rural ones!

I’m still quite disconcerted that Michael Anderson was there. I know him being there doesn’t mean he was hanging around with Scally and Brad (and to be fair you didn’t particularly see Scally and Brad hanging around within a few feet of each other) but given his legal issues I’d be disappointed if he’s still sniffing around us.

Last edited:
For comparison:

Gills vs Leyton Orient (JPT) 1,388
Accrington Stanley away 2,383
Salford away 2,995
Barrow away 3,044
Harrogate away 3,133
FGR away 3,265
Morecambe away 3,408
Crewe away 3,427

Take into account some sizeable Gills followings or even just the base few hundred, and it makes Chatham’s attendance even more impressive. I think they got 2,500 or so against Dulwich Hamlet mid-season.

Only been once and that was a charity match,looks nice little compact ground,may well give it a go if promotion becomes reality,or even if it doesn’t
Eldest granddaughter well into football,plays for Medway Utd ,loves it,ideal for her
Is final televised anywhere,seems TNT have literally every final covered this season

For comparison:

Gills vs Leyton Orient (JPT) 1,388
Accrington Stanley away 2,383
Salford away 2,995
Barrow away 3,044
Harrogate away 3,133
FGR away 3,265
Morecambe away 3,408
Crewe away 3,427

Take into account some sizeable Gills followings or even just the base few hundred, and it makes Chatham’s attendance even more impressive. I think they got 2,500 or so against Dulwich Hamlet mid-season.
Six games with over 2000. Average home gate this year is 1607, apparently. That's only slightly fewer than Ebbsfleet, and more than six National League teams and all but four in the National League South.

Horsham had quite a large allocation yesterday, and Dulwich are the best supported team in the division, but at most games I've seen the away following has been 20-50, so Chatham get most of the credit for their attendances. There is certainly potential there.

Six games with over 2000. Average home gate this year is 1607, apparently. That's only slightly fewer than Ebbsfleet, and more than six National League teams and all but four in the National League South.

Horsham had quite a large allocation yesterday, and Dulwich are the best supported team in the division, but at most games I've seen the away following has been 20-50, so Chatham get most of the credit for their attendances. There is certainly potential there.

We’ve seen that sort of away support at Priestfield!

As you mention, there have been some impressive recent attendances in the non-league game. Just to add another, 7th tier Macclesfield have a play-off game upcoming v Marine to contest a berth in the 24/25 6th tier (NLN). That game sold out in six hours with all 5600 tickets purchased.

It would be Macc’s 3rd consecutive promotion after getting relegated from the EFL and demoted to North West Counties league. They barely averaged 2000 in the EFL and their crowds went up to over 3000 n step 8. Not sure where all the extra fans are coming fans, but winning is certainly working.

It would be Macc’s 3rd consecutive promotion after getting relegated from the EFL and demoted to North West Counties league. They barely averaged 2000 in the EFL and their crowds went up to over 3000 n step 8. Not sure where all the extra fans are coming fans, but winning is certainly working.
Was it Macclesfield that had Robbie Savage and a local businessman at the helm? I watched a bbc programme on it. Are they still there?

Was it Macclesfield that had Robbie Savage and a local businessman at the helm? I watched a bbc programme on it. Are they still there?
Yep believe so, I'm not a fan of Savage per se but he really seems to have got involved in a major way at Macc so full credit to him for that. They went quite far in the FA Trophy this season as well, certainly a better side than their level suggests.

Yep believe so, I'm not a fan of Savage per se but he really seems to have got involved in a major way at Macc so full credit to him for that. They went quite far in the FA Trophy this season as well, certainly a better side than their level suggests.
Would agree about Savage, however he did come across well in the documentary. Even running onto the terrace to break up a punch up between rival fans iirc.

It’s a good watch if you haven’t seen it.

Savage follows Wrexham, enough said.

Congrats to NL bound Boston United who won (1-2) the NLN play-off final v Brackley today. Boston has a new ground and get good attendance figures.

The NLS Final is on Monday, between Worthing and Braintree Town. Like today`s Final, it`s covered live by TNT Sports.

Tomorrow (also live on TV) is the NL Final between Solihull and Bromley.

Congrats to NL bound Boston United who won (1-2) the NLN play-off final v Brackley today. Boston has a new ground and get good attendance figures.

The NLS Final is on Monday, between Worthing and Braintree Town. Like today`s Final, it`s covered live by TNT Sports.

Tomorrow (also live on TV) is the NL Final between Solihull and Bromley.

Our nemesis defeated, hurrah for The Pilgrims and the brotherhood of ex-League clubs!

I'm hoping to see Cody this weekend he as far as I know still playing for Witham who are at Bury at Edmunds both clubs would rank higher than most if not all of the Kent club sides .I believe the East Anglian premier is the third highest ranked competition in club cricket.
One of my pals played cricket with Cody at coggleshall (braintree). I’m happy to report that Cody is a good egg