Team vs Liverpool | Page 10 | Vital Football

Team vs Liverpool

I am beginning to think that even with just keeping this squad together at least if we did not have such a shite manager and players were coached properly, played in their positions and with passion we maybe could be a top 6 side.

It really is down to Wagner being to shite

I am beginning to think that even with just keeping this squad together at least if we did not have such a shite manager and players were coached properly, played in their positions and with passion we maybe could be a top 6 side.

It really is down to Wagner being to shite
I think so. I saw a piece on another site where the said the same and that there are players here who obviously would rather play a more attacking style and won't be happy with the slow build up stuff.

Get sainz playing as a number 10 or roaming winger like Emi did.

I think two good players added (a defensive midfielder and a quick forward.....maybe a winger if placheta goes) and a new manager and we'd be getting in the playoffs.

DW said we both wanted to win today and I gave us the best chance to do so but jurgen aife beat mine as always.

DW said he was pleased with the performance today and how players dealt with the pressure.

Said it was different to see the pace of Liverpool and how they closed down on TV and to then see it with your own eyes.

Said we used this game to get match fitness for Hanley and Sorensen so they are closed by to the first team.

Shame to be out of the cup but we will do all we can to push into the playoffs.

Asked if any of the players gave him selection headaches for Coventry game and DW said "No".

Also Duffy out injured with a back injury .... Hanley just back from a back injury 😁. Sargent will be playing but Rowe and Duffy not sure. So we back down to two central defenders.

DW said he was pleased with the performance today and how players dealt with the pressure.

Said it was different to see the pace of Liverpool and how they closed down on TV and to then see it with your own eyes.

Said we used this game to get match fitness for Hanley and Sorensen so they are closed by to the first team.

Shame to be out of the cup but we will do all we can to push into the playoffs.

Asked if any of the players gave him selection headaches for Coventry game and DW said "No".

Also Duffy out injured with a back injury .... Hanley just back from a back injury 😁. Sargent will be playing but Rowe and Duffy not sure. So we back down to two central defenders.

Are back injuries caused by picking ball out of our net too often ?

I love this in the Ink Un player ratings on Giannoulis sub:

'Dimitris Giannoulis (on for McCallum, 83)

A substitution that served very little purpose.'

Exactly my thoughts on it.