January 2024 transfers | Page 25 | Vital Football

January 2024 transfers

I think I am:

DF on Tzolis when we signed him:

'He was worth the money that we spent on him because he's one of the hottest prospects on the winger position in Europe for his age. He has the potential one day to be one of the best wingers in the world, because he's quick, he delivers end product, he can score, he can assist, he can run in behind, he is a great character. This is why many, many clubs in Europe were chasing him.'
DF also likened him messi!

There is too much of this talking up players who are average at the best. It’s rubbish to call McCrap ‘ Captain Marvellous’ and call Stacey ‘an Unplayable Machine ‘.
That is the ink un, right?

Stay had been very poor up until recently. He is a good player, but unplayable is a bit much as he is done often by quick wingers. It is nice to have a right back who can cross though :cool:

Captain Marvellous wow! He isn't even the actual captain. The thing is do you guys think he'll stay if we don't go up? I have this feeling that DF and his Leeds will come back in for him in the summer.

A Celtic mate said that a few of the fans have been saying they would go after Gunn in the summer, with Hart stepping down as their GK. I'm just interested to see what you guys would think if it happened.

Gunn has been one of the best players and saved us many times. I am sure that we went to absolute shit when he was injured, and Long came in.

I wouldn’t want to see us go through a whole with Naan Bread Hands as keeper , but I’m sure Wagner would declare him as the best keeper in the league

Reports in Greece said that AEK Athens was talking to Giannoulis over a contract and that Norwich had been informed of this.

AEK Athens has denied that they have spoken with Giannoulis over a pre-contractual agreement and labelled them as 'an invention', but they have also come out in a second report to say that Giannoulis is a player of 'interest.'

I am happy to see Giannoulis go, and McCallium kept on with a new left-back coming in.

The Ink Un says that only promotion will see Giannoulis get a new deal to cover his more significant sized wages. BK admitted that no contract talks had taken place, which means these players can agree to deals with overseas clubs (Scottish clubs too, I think, but not sure).

Norwich City may demand £10M for striker Adam Idah, who has impressed on loan at Celtic, hinting his future may lie in Scotland.

As expected but not so soon but Sargent rumours up and running. Apparently Brentford are looking at replacing Toney with Sargent.

Brentford looking to get around £100 million for Toney so let's try get some of that if we are to sell

Report also suggests that a couple of other premiership clubs have sent scouts to games he scored in.

We could be completely fecked in the summer if sarge, Rowe, Gunn and Sara all leave

As expected but not so soon but Sargent rumours up and running. Apparently Brentford are looking at replacing Toney with Sargent.

Brentford looking to get around £100 million for Toney so let's try get some of that if we are to sell

If they sell Toney for £100m then our asking price should be higher than that!

Last edited:
Two Dylan GKs have left the club:

Young GK Dylan Berry has joined Southern League Premier South side Hendon on loan.

We have also lost academy GK Dylan Thompson to Spurs. Another of those 'talented' academy players.