January 2024 transfers | Vital Football

January 2024 transfers

Bolshie Budgie

Vital Football Legend
From FC Bears:

Probably should setup a Jan 24 thread but saw this rumour:

We are tracking Colchester United 19 year old forward Bradley Ihionvien

Do you guys think there will be offers for Sara in January and if say we are out of the promotion race he will want to leave?

his former club have a 10% sell on fee too.

Do you guys think there will be offers for Sara in January and if say we are out of the promotion race he will want to leave?

his former club have a 10% sell on fee too.

Sadly he will be wanted and I do not blame him for wanting to leave if that is what he wants.

Rumours already surfacing that Villa, Palace and Brentford are scouting Rowe with the interest in signing him.

They say the club isn't looking to offer him a new deal as he still has two years with the extra year option.

I could see Rowe at a Palace.

Would the club still sell in January if a good offer can in? Or are we financially better off now? Ink Un reported we spent just over 2 million in the summer and raised around 20 million in sales.

Two years to go on one tenth of others salary in the squad that havent contributed anything like Rowe has - c'mon City - he's worth an increase now - recognise what you have - he's not paid enough to keep him here if others come in for him - but then mediocre champ sides and below are always poached of their best talent

Rumours already surfacing that Villa, Palace and Brentford are scouting Rowe with the interest in signing him.

They say the club isn't looking to offer him a new deal as he still has two years with the extra year option.

I thought he signed a four year deal earlier this year??

£50m minimum for any Prem League sniffing around

I could see Rowe at a Palace.

Would the club still sell in January if a good offer can in? Or are we financially better off now? Ink Un reported we spent just over 2 million in the summer and raised around 20 million in sales.

This is bonkers, we literally gave McLean a new contract less than a year after he signed a new bumper deal so why not offer a new deal to one of the few actual assets left at the club?

Either it is complete incompetence, which the club and a long history of, or he was offered one and didn't want to sign?

Aston Villa and Crystal Palace are among the Premier League sides monitoring Norwich's England Under-21 forward Jon Rowe, 20, who has 18 months left on his contract at Carrow Road.

So, we have to put up with the unambitious , football paupers Smiffs running the club for the next 3 years , just because the old dear doesn’t want to get bored while she’s waiting for the six o clock news to come on (her words )

All we are saying is sign us in January 2024:
2 DMs
1 left sided centre back
and Lima if he is any good.

Then in the summer of 2024 sign us:
another left sided CB
another striker

and thats a minimum!

I love how when media sites write about out squad we have the same types of players in each position because DW wanted to have the one type of player for each position - I mean what type of planning is that.

Duffy, Hanley, Gibson are all the same type and all have little pace

Idah, Sargent, Hwang, Barnes same type - big guys who don't have loads of pace

He didn't want a defensive midfielder and so looked at central midfielders who were all similar (I am not sure on that one).

The fact that multiple sites have said that we have really talented youth players who were probably be playing or have played some first team games says it all. DW apparently believes that the experienced players will be more consistent in terms of form and be able to deal with the pressure better --- that doesn't seem like the case.