Coronavirus | Page 173 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

I’ve seen a number of medics saying they are against because it’s the compulsory angle that they object to. But I’m assuming they had plenty of chances to be vaccinated (presumably being amongst the first groups to be offered) before any thought about making it mandatory. So it’s not really about that is it? Otherwise I presume if mandatory element is taken off the table they’ll all go and get vaccinated.

Brace yourselves. 3 of my company's factories in China have been closed since Friday apparently. Massive breakout of Covid happening over there, being underreported from what I can see on the net. Last time that happened in Wuhan we had 2 factories shut for 6 weeks and it was nearly 2 months before it reached the UK to high levels.

Brace yourselves. 3 of my company's factories in China have been closed since Friday apparently. Massive breakout of Covid happening over there, being underreported from what I can see on the net. Last time that happened in Wuhan we had 2 factories shut for 6 weeks and it was nearly 2 months before it reached the UK to high levels.

South Korea 350k cases a day what I was told yesterday. Strangely I am not that worried any more perhaps I should be but I am not.

funny as when you see what’s going on in Ukrane it relegates covid to a distant worry. It’s the same with the imps, I don’t even get angry at a defeat nor do I get wound up by posters on here who seem to enjoy being smug and rude to each other - their problem not mine.

Nadhim Zahawi somehow conveniently forgets he was on his fucking doorstep applauding the NHS staff during our pandemic and also somehow conveniently forgets that Nurses are a fucking front-line service for the NSH. Christ on a bike is it that shortly after a world wide pandemic that everyone in this island suddenly appreciated what our front line of the NHS were doing for everyone's benefit that he feels he can suddenly drop them like a cold cup of sick.

You fucking arrogant, self-satisfied, smarmy apology for a human being, have you no sense of shame or embarrasment at all? None whatsoever?

If you bothered to even try and reclaim even a small proportion of the PPE money you almost literally pissed down the toilet through your incompetence you could afford to pay our nurses a perfectly decent living wage out of that with no cost to your mealy mouthed, pathetic, self-serving "budgetry constraints"

We should be sending a message to Putin by rounding these people up and forcing them to work on the "front line of the NHS" for a couple of months.

[IMG]https://forums-cdn.vitalfootball.co.uk/data/avatars/m/9/9883.jpg?1525782103[/IMG]
Sincilbanks
Vital Football Hero
Apr 10, 2021
#2,320

CNN giving Boris far,far too much credit
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/04/10/...c-could-end-on-a-high-intl-gbr-cmd/index.html

Remember this when a miracle has happened and things start to get to normal in a years time, remember this when Boris' and his government start to try and take credit for managing this crisis successfully. Remember this when people start taking our NHS for granted again, remember this when the minimum wage discussion comes up for delivery drivers, public transport workers and retail workers, remember this when our food prices skyrocket. They cannot manage anything except by last minute, panic driven, news cycle focused reactions designed to make tomorrow's headlines look vaguely better, they are not interested in making things better by hard work, attention to detail and effective forward planning, this is not in their culture or in their range of abilities.

That guy is a snake. Hopefully all these shithouses will get kicked out next general election and we hopefully never see them again

Classic projection from Zahawi. It’s not nurses who have had cosy tennis matches with Oligarchs, or attended lavish sex parties in Italy with ex-KGB officers, or ennobled their offspring. It’s not nurses who have let shady Russian money flood the London property market, or nurses who turned a blind eye to Russian chemical attacks in Salisbury. And it wasn’t nurses who blamed the EU(!) for Russia annexing the Crimea.

This is just the Tories falling back on their tried and tested divide and rule. And the tragedy is thick ***** keep falling for it.

Classic projection from Zahawi. It’s not nurses who have had cosy tennis matches with Oligarchs, or attended lavish sex parties in Italy with ex-KGB officers, or ennobled their offspring. It’s not nurses who have let shady Russian money flood the London property market, or nurses who turned a blind eye to Russian chemical attacks in Salisbury. And it wasn’t nurses who blamed the EU(!) for Russia annexing the Crimea.

This is just the Tories falling back on their tried and tested divide and rule. And the tragedy is thick ***** keep falling for it.

fortunately I think even the thick now realise notty

Hancock tries to rewrite history in his new book...

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...y-in-pandemic-book?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

And here's some of the evidence that he is lying through his back teeth. Has the man no shame? No sense of embarrassment at all? None whatsoever?

@
9883.jpg

@Sincilbanks
Vital Football Hero

Apr 10, 2021
#2,320

CNN giving Boris far,far too much credit
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/04/10/...c-could-end-on-a-high-intl-gbr-cmd/index.html

Remember this when a miracle has happened and things start to get to normal in a years time, remember this when Boris' and his government start to try and take credit for managing this crisis successfully. Remember this when people start taking our NHS for granted again, remember this when the minimum wage discussion comes up for delivery drivers, public transport workers and retail workers, remember this when our food prices skyrocket. They cannot manage anything except by last minute, panic driven, news cycle focused reactions designed to make tomorrow's headlines look vaguely better, they are not interested in making things better by hard work, attention to detail and effective forward planning, this is not in their culture or in their range of abilities.

The Times today on the PPE Rich List
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...f?shareToken=6a70fb6d03b96db5df5dbd3b34834ed5

Last week, the Conservative peer Baroness Mone announced that she was taking leave of absence from the House of Lords amid scrutiny over deals awarded to PPE Medpro. She denies wrongdoing.
Now The Sunday Times can reveal the scale of payments and unused PPE of the 20 privately owned British-based companies that received the biggest deals in the pandemic.
Our PPE Rich List shows these businesses — including PPE Medpro — received a total of £7.4 billion in contracts but also produced more than £1 billion in PPE placed in the “do not supply” lane as of June 2021, meaning the masks, gowns and gloves in question had not been sent to NHS doctors or patients for frontline use.

In total, more than 680 firms, including listed firms and those run by overseas businesses, received contracts to supply PPE to the UK government.
Information in the PPE Rich List is based on research from the government insights service Tussell, based on publicly available contract data, and official data obtained under freedom of information laws by organisations including Spotlight on Corruption and the Good Law Project.

Some figures are obtained from freedom of information requests supplied by the Good Law Project or from documents lodged at the High Court.
In September 2021, Lord Bethell, a health minister, responded to the crossbench peer Lord Alton’s question about “faulty PPE” by disclosing that, as of June 10, 2021, there had been £1.9 billion items of stock placed in the “do not supply”.
The health department has since clarified that items marked “do not supply” by June 2021 were not directed to the NHS for use by frontline workers and patients for reasons including, but not limited to: they were not “fit for use” (that is, they did not pass safety standards or did, but had passed their sell by date since being supplied); they had not yet passed regulatory approval; the NHS thought other items were more suitable; or supply chain factors such as stock rotation and modern slavery concerns.
The department will not say how much of this PPE has since been repurposed, recycled or incinerated, and how much remains in warehouses or containers. In evidence to the public accounts committee, it recently suggested the overall amount of “do not supply” PPE had at least doubled since the 1.9 billion items (valued of £2.8 billion) last summer. At least a billion items are classified “waste — not fit for any use”.