Youth - U23 - Loans Thread | Page 29 | Vital Football

Youth - U23 - Loans Thread

The number 9 Brad Young has scored as many goals as Barry this season but the kid never gets a mention, seems a grafter and more of a CF than Louie

Watched the highlights, seems like Barry and Chukweumeka ran them ragged all game. The official Twitter page put up some of the stats of those 2 this season and it’s clear they are already well above this level. It would be nice to see a couple of the lads in this team getting game time in the PL this season.

Barry looks a real prospect but seems to still be working out his best position. I think he has a bit more to go yet. Chukweumeka though looks physically ready to be given a go in the first team.

The number 9 Brad Young has scored as many goals as Barry this season but the kid never gets a mention, seems a grafter and more of a CF than Louie
He’s been playing in the age group below Barry though. Barry was top scorer in the u23 division even though he’s only 17… he could really be a top talent if he progresses well, that’s why Barry gets all the attention even though there seems to be a whole bunch of exciting youngsters in the system at the moment

It's always going to be difficult. As we raise the bar for the first team so we raise the bar for the youth to get into the first team.

But I think we're going about it the right way. First of all we're taking recruitment seriously; we're looking for talent which fits in with the sort of way we want to play. Then we're developing that talent with a view to where we want the club to go. And finally players are getting the opportunity to train with the first team at an early age.

It's not all about development or about talent. Players need something extra; call it arrogance if you like. Belief in themselves. Being able to influence games. Jack had it in abundance.

I agree. The thing is with Jack though, he always had it, but it wasn't all plain sailing in terms of his breakthrough and he got plenty of stick on here at times. I can't understand people giving the likes of Ramsey the amount of stick he's getting. Only time will tell. Success is subjective and they don't all have to "be a Grealish" to be good.

You get the sense though that this Carney kid in particular has a similar attitude ad confidence that Jack had, could be interesting.

I wouldn't be pushing too hard for any of the U23's or U18's to be getting a shot in the first team just yet. I would however be pushing to get them season long loans for next season, in first or second division teams for most of them, with maybe two or three going to championship clubs.

I wouldn't be pushing too hard for any of the U23's or U18's to be getting a shot in the first team just yet. I would however be pushing to get them season long loans for next season, in first or second division teams for most of them, with maybe two or three going to championship clubs.

Now don't you start coming on here not polishing the balls of our youth players.

Sensible suggestion in my humble. We have thrown too many lambs to the slaughter because fans cannot see the bigger picture and call for them early as the answer. .

Now don't you start coming on here not polishing the balls of our youth players.

Sensible suggestion in my humble. We have thrown too many lambs to the slaughter because fans cannot see the bigger picture and call for them early as the answer. .

The other side is how do you know how good the are if you dont? Bellingham at 17 playing Champions league springs to mind. Is Chucky that good? We will only find out one way.

Counter to that is if Bellingham had been at any club really fighting for something and not just using him as a media darling for PR purposes - ie retiring his shirt - he wouldn't really have got any game time either.

Guaranteed talents get a shot at PL level, down the chain there's greater opportunities for those who seize the moment with hard work.

It's a flaw in our game in fairness.

The other side is how do you know how good the are if you dont? Bellingham at 17 playing Champions league springs to mind. Is Chucky that good? We will only find out one way.
We don't know how good Chucky is but the coaching staff know if he's ready. Despite what we all think they do know more about football than we do and they see these kids training with the first team most days.

Oooohhhhh.

That's not going to go down well on here :wagging:

True though . After all they have never bothered and only pick Keinan when desperate despite the accolades bestowed upon those lovely broad shoulders from people on here. So they do know more about football .:wahey:

We don't know how good Chucky is but the coaching staff know if he's ready. Despite what we all think they do know more about football than we do and they see these kids training with the first team most days.

A very valid point. However if you had to know as much about football as them to have an opinion on Vital Villa, it would be mighty quiet on here 😁

Is that the same kind of knowing they are ready as with Barkley?