Youth - U23 - Loans Thread | Page 57 | Vital Football

Youth - U23 - Loans Thread

Great to see him doing well but just shows the difference in levels. He was a squad player struggling to score in league 2 but put him in the u21s and he gets hatricks and is a class above

I’ve posted it before, there is levels between even under 21’s and league 2. Under 21’s is grown kids football

As for Louie Barry, names like Harry Forrester come to mind.

Interesting player, Harry Forester. Like he just plays for the fun of it. His last club was Orange County and there's some clips of him playing, great skills. But he never seems to stay anywhere for too long. Had a spell in Iran. Not everybody is cut out to be a single minded dedicated professional, and maybe that's a good thing.

Barry strikes me as a player who needs another year or two of physical development. In the meantime he can be learning. But his Liverpool goal was beautifully taken.

Most of Chukwuemekas league appearances were 5 minute or less cameos of the bench at the end of games, like you'd expect from most 17/18 year olds.

I don't understand this drive some people have to knock the youngsters down all the time. Apparently Barry is some sort of useless midget now as well.

Most of Chukwuemekas league appearances were 5 minute or less cameos of the bench at the end of games, like you'd expect from most 17/18 year olds.

I don't understand this drive some people have to knock the youngsters down all the time. Apparently Barry is some sort of useless midget now as well.
That's a problem with listing appearances rather than starts, I think Harewood scored several goals for us but never started a game.
Chucklemaker2 is still under development

Who was wearing number 7? The turn for the fourth goal was a thing of beauty. Someone asked this a few pages ago, wonder if it’s the same player?

As for Louie Barry, names like Harry Forrester come to mind. I suspect he’s in that bracket, as the reality is as deano says, only a few make it. I don’t think people understand the level of elite you need to be to make it at the top of the game, it’s one in a million.
Declan Frith was the number 7 he's on trial from Chelsea I believe

Despite us having a wealth of young talent at the club now, I have to say I am a bit concerned that Louie Barry isn’t getting opportunities at Ipswich and Brad Young isn’t fairing much better at Carlisle.
It does beg the question if their development might be better served in house, at least training with the first team, ie. better players, and getting regular football with the U23’s. This strategy seems to have worked well for Jacob Ramsey and now Bidace and Carney.

It seems that Kesler has been getting rave reviews at Swindon. Highly rated by the manager who had a hand in developing Wan Bissaka.

The under 23s 4 nil up at half time at Stoke. 2 for JPB, 1 for Carney and 1 for aaron Ramsey. Assuming JPB and Carney are simply getting playing time after their respective injuries as opposed to being dropped down.

Stoke have a few lads in their team that have been in their first team and we're battering them with an 11 that has 2 players over 18.