Yesterday | Vital Football

Yesterday

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
Just about summed our season up so far. The better team but not taking our chances is costing us.

I'll attach the extended highlights below and you'll see the 3 good chances we had at 0-0.

As a team we are playing quite well. Payne looked quite lively yesterday and Potts had a very quiet game by his recent standards.
Philliskirk hardly saw the ball, but was pleasing to see both him and Matt on the pitch.
French certainly merits his starting place and both him and Vassell is a good partnership in the making.

LS says 3 pts off relegation but a win yesterday would have seen us move up 8 places in the league. I think our squad depth will see us good in about a month when everyone starts getting injuries / suspensions.

On a separate note I like what Bowyer says. Listening to him on the radio after the game was honest and accurate in his reflections. I also noticed him clapping in tune to the fans singing. He's the most likeable manager Hollowords by a country mile.

I remain hopeful and optimistic for us on the pitch. Seeing Pugh in a protective boot was worrying hopefully it's more protection than long term although it didn't look good.

Crewe have had a good start - next week will be tough. Finishing boots will be required.

[youtube=xm3Ew_DXgHg]

[youtube=NUSWXPiPICc]

Thanks Sexy. the ray of hope you offer is most welcome. Bowyer sounds very sensible and is probably doing as much as anyone could under the Oystain yoke.

He's the complete opposite of NM Bear.

I'm still of the belief that we will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season.

He reads the game well and has a Plan B - we look organised, that lad taking the free kick for their 2nesterday ran the show (no10).

Ironically the lad who had the deflected shot their first Ibhere played against us in the Div 4 play off final at Baadiff.

SeasideEssexXile - 18/9/2016 19:10

He's the complete opposite of NM Bear.

I'm still of the belief that we will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season.

He reads the game well and has a Plan B - we look organised, that lad taking the free kick for their 2nesterday ran the show (no10).

Ironically the lad who had the deflected shot their first Ibhere played against us in the Div 4 play off final at Baadiff.
I hope you are right be nice to go up the league rather than down. :tup: