Yesterday - My View | Vital Football

Yesterday - My View

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
Looking back a disappointing not to have won game.

In essence Allsop didn't have a single shot to save all game. The freekick was a beauty but it wasn't a freekick.
The ref, let's get him out of the way early doors. Absolutely woeful. Shocking display. Booked 2 of ours (I think Daniel now has 4 and is getting close to a ban) and yet a scything tackle from them goes with a talking to. I have no idea why he disallowed their goal. Not aided by useless liners.

Talking of Daniels yellows - he is wasted at LB. I'd rather we signed the t'rovers kid and slotted him in there. Anderton is one potentially for the future.
Allsop had nothing to do all game other than to pick the ball out of the net.
Turton - revelation at RB. Keeping POTS Mellor out of the team is no mean feat.
Robertson and Tilt. Have formed an excellent partnership. I keep saying it, Tilt will be the next big signing away from the club. He has a sublime skill and strilkes me as a frustrated forward in some of his moves. Robertson should have scored and the lack of goals from these 2 is my only concern.
Midfield - Longstaff has gone off the boil. Not a bad thing as it takes him off the radar, but he hasn't come close to the level he was playing at pre-injury.
Spearing - tired as expected but his class oozed. He was spraying balls for fun with some great passing. He will make midfield tick. Exciting signing.
Ryan allowed to play more with Spearing sharing the burden. Very similar player to Spearing.
Cooke - another solid display surprised he didn't shoot, twice, when he got the chance. Normally doesn't need asking twice.
Longstaff - very quiet game
Vassell - he puts in areal shift but gets tired around that 65min mark, Without Frenchie Cullen he is a lone striker and is very isolated. Impressive form this season, unlucky with a great save from their keeper but does need to be that on occasions there are other players in better positions to pass to.
Delf - he is becoming a frustrating player. Had our best chance after the goal but went for power and not placement. I want him to do well, but so far his best play is in short patches during a game. Needs more consistency.

Subs: Barnsley lad - quiet day by his standards
Brummie lad - scored with virtually his first touch Made a real difference when he came on. He is getting better and needs signing for the season come Jan.
Clayton - I can't remember him touching the ball. Needs to convince me and isn't helped by tactics in playing as a lone striker. he looks like he needs to feed off a Vass etc.

Overall a game that we should have won.
Scoring half the goals we were 2 months ago . A striker is what we need, unfortunately with Cullen out on crutches it will be more of the same. 2 big games coming up next Sat will be the benchmark.
I'll take a point on the road, just felt it could have been 3.