Yellow Cards 2023-24 | Page 5 | Vital Football

Yellow Cards 2023-24

Can you explain?

House has virtually no chance of being suspended this season, unless he is sent off.

How is that unacceptable or letting the team down?
Talking too much to the ref is now frowned upon and could end in a booking, leaving you a miss timed tackle away from a second yellow

Talking too much to the ref is now frowned upon and could end in a booking, leaving you a miss timed tackle away from a second yellow
Agree with that...

I thought you were referring to his number of booking since he has come back would lead to a suspension...which it won't.

"only" one of those for dissent since he had returned.
Although one is too many.

Agree with that...

I thought you were referring to his number of booking since he has come back would lead to a suspension...which it won't.

"only" one of those for dissent since he had returned.
Although one is too many.

I do think that dissent one was in the Burton game where it would be quicker to list players not booked by that over zealous official that day

I suppose we are lucky Ben has been injured for 5 months else he might be suspended for some vital games in our play off charge

I suppose we are lucky Ben has been injured for 5 months else he might be suspended for some vital games in our play off charge
In the same way it good Hamilton won’t play again this season as otherwise he was heading to a suspension

Update after the Cambridge game - today's yellows are shown in... yellow.

Yellow cards are competition-specific, as follows:

EFL
Fifteen yellow cards accumulated before the end of the season will result in a three-match ban from EFL fixtures, reduced according to how many games remain.

8: Ethan Erhahon, Ethan Hamilton, Joe Taylor
6: Ben House, Paudie O'Connor
5: Dylan Duffy
4: Freddie Draper, TJ Eyoma, Reeco Hackett, Lukas Jensen, Danny Mandroiu, Lasse Sorensen
3: Teddy Bishop, Adam Jackson, Sean Roughan, Jack Vale
2: Hakeeb Adelakun, Alex Mitchell
1: Jovon Makama, Alistair Smith

With eight games remaining, only Erhahon and Taylor can now collect a yellow card suspension: seven successive yellows would mean they would miss the final game of the season.

With eight games remaining, only Erhahon and Taylor can now collect a yellow card suspension: seven successive yellows would mean they would miss the final game of the season.

Do they carry over to the Play Offs or is the slate wiped??

Do they carry over to the Play Offs or is the slate wiped??
They are wiped for the play-offs, although a suspension earned during the 46-game regular season does carry over. Thereafter, two yellows in the play-offs mean a suspension.

Update after the Bristol Rubbers game - today's yellows are shown in... yellow.

Yellow cards are competition-specific, as follows:

EFL
Fifteen yellow cards accumulated before the end of the season will result in a three-match ban from EFL fixtures, reduced according to how many games remain.

8: Ethan Erhahon, Ethan Hamilton, Joe Taylor
6: Ben House, Paudie O'Connor
5: Dylan Duffy
4: Freddie Draper, TJ Eyoma, Reeco Hackett, Lukas Jensen, Danny Mandroiu, Sean Roughan, Lasse Sorensen
3: Teddy Bishop, Adam Jackson, Jack Vale
2: Hakeeb Adelakun, Jovon Makama, Alex Mitchell
1: Alistair Smith

With seven games remaining, only Joe Taylor can now collect a yellow card suspension, and that would rule him out of all three play-off games if we were to make it.

Provided Taylor can avoid a yellow card in any of the final seven games, we can put this thread to bed for another season and satisfy ourselves that there will be no suspensions before the play-off final at worst.