Wycombe - team is in | Page 3 | Vital Football

Wycombe - team is in

Never a penalty.

I don't like diving!

Anyone else get a decent view? It did look a bit soft on the video.

But I’ve seen a lot of comments and Vlogs on twitter from people sat in the RE all said dead set penalty. Reckon the guy blocked him and pulled his shirt after he got nutmegged. Ref has no hesitation either, gave it before anyone had time to appeal.

Where’d you hear that Lancs?

There was talk of a virus going through the team in the lead up. Evans on post match interview on Radio Kent confirmed Jakuk was one of them and was only on the bench to make up the numbers. Pringle I think was also mentioned by name. From the way Evans was talking 3-4 of the starting team were or had been ill during the week.

But I’ve seen a lot of comments and Vlogs on twitter from people sat in the RE all said dead set penalty. Reckon the guy blocked him and pulled his shirt after he got nutmegged. Ref has no hesitation either, gave it before anyone had time to appeal.

He definitely blocked him off. Anywhere else on the pitch you would expect a free kick, therefore pen was right call imho.

There was talk of a virus going through the team in the lead up. Evans on post match interview on Radio Kent confirmed Jakuk was one of them and was only on the bench to make up the numbers. Pringle I think was also mentioned by name. From the way Evans was talking 3-4 of the starting team were or had been ill during the week.

Yeah, I knew that Baghdad. I put it in my OP at the top, but a number of people missed it ?

Obviously not present,but looking on Sky Goals,
Ref gave it immediately
Very little protest from Wycombe players

Gutted I couldn’t make this one but really pleased to see the goals come through.

Where did Ndjoli play?

From where I was, reasonably high above the pitch, the defender made no attempt to go for the ball and just blocked Lee.

Gutted I couldn’t make this one but really pleased to see the goals come through.

Where did Ndjoli play?
He played in a front two with Mandron, but to be honest he was quite ineffective up until the 1st goal, looking pretty lightweight. When the substitution was made and they took Mandron off, most around me were asking why haven't they takem Ndjoli off!

Was at the cricket today so missed the game but well done Gills. Proud of the boys, sets us up for a good weekend. Definitely agree that we're on the right track. UTG

Hope you enjoyed. I had tickets but decided to get my money back on the ticket and watch the Gills instead - couldn’t really justify a £100 on a ticket with the Ashes gone and I’m a pretty bad loser, so even after a good day and match for England so far would have been watching through gritted teeth. Mixed feelings as it was a smashing day with the weather, england doing well and Denly excellent, but enjoyed the Gills match too. Even though the main prize has gone, keen to see england draw the series and make sure Australia have failed to win a series here for over 20 years!

Good professional performance from the Gills and deserved win against a well drilled, organised and tidy Wycombe side who won’t be anywhere near the position they’re in come the end of the season, but won’t struggle - can see them in mid table with us as the season progresses, maybe even an outside push at the playoffs as we hopefully may.

First half was dull and a bit a scrappy. Can only recall one half chance each - Wycombe missing a shot at the near post from a cross by some distance and Max finding himself in good space from a free kick cross, controlling well and maybe should have done better but the keeper saved well with his feet. The game wasn’t helped by a whistle happy slightly theatrical ref and some of the Wycombe players seeming to suffer with some sort of addiction which saw them rolling around the floor every 5 mins.

The second half wasn’t dissimilar, but we just pushed for it a bit more than them and probably has a bit more quality going forward especially with the addition of the bustling Hanlon, who as pointed out elsewhere looked much better playing wider, plus more craft in midfield with Lee and the addition of Pringle. The goal was slightly out of the blue as neither team really threatened, great run and cross by Hanlon and finish by Ndjoli. I commented last week that I thought the penalty against Barry was soft - Barry gave the lad a chance to go down which was poor from someone so inexperienced and the lad took it. Harsh pen and the one for us was a carbon copy for me - slack defending, but not enough contact for me. I suggested last week these things even themselves out and it didn’t take long. Great to see us slot one away for once. After that it was pretty much game over. Wycombe huffed amen puffed and caused a few goalmouth scrambled with big Bayo central to most things but can’t recall Bonham needing to make a save of more. Equally we had a few breaks as they pressurised us which could have came to something but neither team rally looked like scoring after 2-0 which suited us.

All in a nice win and deserved if not the greatest game. And credit to all for putting in a hearty performance after a virus swept the squad costing of top scorer, Jakubiak, William and RCC with others - Lee, Pringle, Hanlon etc playing through it. Ndjoli probably deserved the MoM for his two goals, but I thought Marshall ran him close with a really energetic performance on the wing, showing craft but a lot of ability to track back and win the ball - could be a good partnership between him and Barry developing. Barry and Ogilvie were both immense at the back. Hanlon added some real pace and energy,
Mandron some much needed physical presence and Lee then Pringle showed some nice craft and touch in midfield.

Things are looking up, but when have we said that before? A win or nice draw at Rovers on Tuesday sets up a belter v Ipswich next Saturday.

Good professional performance from the Gills and deserved win against a well drilled, organised and tidy Wycombe side who won’t be anywhere near the position they’re in come the end of the season, but won’t struggle - can see them in mid table with us as the season progresses, maybe even an outside push at the playoffs as we hopefully may.

First half was dull and a bit a scrappy. Can only recall one half chance each - Wycombe missing a shot at the near post from a cross by some distance and Max finding himself in good space from a free kick cross, controlling well and maybe should have done better but the keeper saved well with his feet. The game wasn’t helped by a whistle happy slightly theatrical ref and some of the Wycombe players seeming to suffer with some sort of affliction which saw them rolling around the floor every 5 mins.

The second half wasn’t dissimilar, but we just pushed for it a bit more than them and probably had a bit more quality going forward especially with the addition of the bustling Hanlon, who as pointed out elsewhere looked much better playing wider, plus more craft in midfield with Lee and the addition of Pringle. The goal was slightly out of the blue as neither team really threatened, great run and cross by Hanlon and finish by Ndjoli. I commented last week that I thought the penalty against Barry was soft - Barry gave the lad a chance to go down which was poor from someone so experienced and the lad took it. Harsh pen and the one for us yesterday was a carbon copy for me - slack defending, but not enough contact for me. I suggested last week these things even themselves out and it didn’t take long. Great to see us slot one away for once. After that it was pretty much game over. Wycombe huffed and puffed and caused a few goalmouth scrambles with big Bayo central to most things but can’t recall Bonham needing to make a save of note. Equally we had a few breaks as they pressurised us which could have came to something but neither team really looked like scoring after 2-0 which suited us.

All in a nice win and deserved if not the greatest game. And credit to all for putting in a hearty performance after a virus swept the squad costing of top scorer, Jakubiak, Willock and RCC with others - Lee, Pringle, Hanlon etc playing through it. Ndjoli probably deserved the MoM for his two goals, but I thought Marshall ran him close with a really energetic performance on the wing, showing craft but a lot of ability to track back and win the ball - could be a good partnership between him and Barry developing. Barry and Ogilvie were both immense at the back. Hanlon added some real pace and energy,
Mandron some much needed physical presence and Lee then Pringle showed some nice craft and touch in midfield. My only gripe is that I am a bit concerned at Bonham’s dealing with crosses - he didn’t have a lot to do but even yesterday looked uncertain and there are times crosses look prime to be plucked by the keeper and he’s stuck to his line.

Things are looking up, but when have we said that before? A win or nice draw at Rovers on Tuesday sets up a belter v Ipswich next Saturday.