Wrexham | Vital Football

Wrexham

billytwodogs

Vital Squad Member
Looks like a bore fest from here 0-0. They’re not scoring loads, we’re timid and fearful. We’ll probably help to maintain their top ten status but prevent them entering the play off spots, whilst keeping our own heads [just] above water.
:red:

Always being one to take undeserved credit, I'm claiming that my none attendance today was the catalyst for Pool's victory!

An excellent result, hopefully the start of a run.

Always being one to take undeserved credit, I'm claiming that my none attendance today was the catalyst for Pool's victory!

An excellent result, hopefully the start of a run.
Actually I'm sure my non-attendance was a bigger catalyst than yours :).
Cannot but agree otherwise, though. Great result.

With you two not there, how am I gonna get a realistic "take" on the match today? Were Pools really that good or were Wrexham just worse than us? Either way I'm happy with the result.

Realistically Wrexham are not as good as they have been in recent seasons.
We were good in formation, it has to be three at the back. In the first half we played okay but we stepped it up second half, players who couldn’t get into the game did second half.
Kitching played the best I have seen him play, still seems reluctant to get down the line. First half the game literally passed Noble by, in the passage of play which lead to their goal he was in no-mans land, poor positional sense and specially unaware as the opposition played around him.

Second half he was a different animal scoring two and assisting another. James was a nuisance but seemed to be looking for the foul when he got around the box, going down quite easily on some occasions. Toure is something else, a work in progress but a cut above this league. Eleven players on the field all wanting to play, the absence of one particular individual had the rest of them ALL performing.

Thanks for that Billy, really appreciated. Trying to think who the absent player could be. Was it Muir?

No I quite like Muir and he contributes, wants the ball, can protect it and doesn’t want to get rid of it as soon as he gets it.

Oh I know. Do you mean Donaldson? If not him then it must be Featherstone, he was a sub on Saturday I believe.