would you swap | Vital Football

would you swap

Hastings - 23/9/2016 09:56

not having our year in the Prem for the O's not being at Bloomers?

Yes, with the caveat that the club was owned by competent people who put football first. :tophat:

Bear1951 - 23/9/2016 12:47

Yes, with the caveat that the club was owned by competent people who put football first. :tophat:

so say BST in the 4th div and no money?

Im pleased we saw it. Im lucky enough to kust remember the time before.
Do I want to see it again, you bet.

Do I want the Os out - even more

I must say I disagree with most other views on this question. I wouldn't have traded the season in the PL for 2 good reasons:

1. I was lucky enough to see us in the top divsion before and we had to wait nearly 40 sometimes painful years to get back there. We may never get back again and I would not have deprived my sons of that experience (despite the Os)
2. If we hadn't gone up the Os would still be here anyway and would have already cut budgets even quicker. In fact the fact that we did go up has probably accelerated the potential exit of the Os. Firstly, because their greed and actions from the PL season has prompted the legal action by VB. Secondly their greeed and actions from the PL season has driven away the clubs core support in such a way that it will not be financially viable for them in the future. Sufficient numbers just won't go back whilst they are still there

bfcpete - 26/9/2016 17:26

I must say I disagree with most other views on this question. I wouldn't have traded the season in the PL for 2 good reasons:

1. I was lucky enough to see us in the top divsion before and we had to wait nearly 40 sometimes painful years to get back there. We may never get back again and I would not have deprived my sons of that experience (despite the Os)
2. If we hadn't gone up the Os would still be here anyway and would have already cut budgets even quicker. In fact the fact that we did go up has probably accelerated the potential exit of the Os. Firstly, because their greed and actions from the PL season has prompted the legal action by VB. Secondly their greeed and actions from the PL season has driven away the clubs core support in such a way that it will not be financially viable for them in the future. Sufficient numbers just won't go back whilst they are still there
A well thought out post containing a lot of truths. :tup:

Forget trying to trade the past but look at it as an experience that was not missed by the core support. The one thing it has taught us is that greed has no boundaries! and the FA/FL and the Premier league are culpable in our demise. I don't want to trade anything I want the following.
1. Owners who put football first before their financial egomania!
2. An infrastructure at the club that has a vision and a professional approach - Look at my latest thread to see how unproffesional the club is at the moment!
3. A Training ground that players feel is a tool for their developing careers and not a hazard to it.
4. On the pitch football that echoes " Come and watch us" whichever division we are in.
5 Off field objectives that link to the local communities and businesses.
6 All of the above to say Im proud to be a seasider!

Nunu, I'd not read your post when I mentioned similar in my message. :tup:

Always respect your views Pete, but I see the question as perhaps having another meaning. I'd have been delighted to have seen Blackpool FC sold by the Oystains when we were in the Championship before our sole season in the PL. At my age and the time supporting them at that time I had seen the team in the bottom 2 divisions for nearly 3 decades, the vast majority of my life then. Then there is the saying we would never have missed what we never had. Also we may have had the opportunity to entice Pilley, Haythornthwaite or Belekon on board to propel us there anyway.

As for the memories of the PL, yes it was nice, but them memories have been permanently sullied.