Wolves v Aston Villa - Sun 10th Nov, 2pm - Match Thread | Page 32 | Vital Football

Wolves v Aston Villa - Sun 10th Nov, 2pm - Match Thread

Guilbert had a game to forget. They all did. Very puzzling. Is all ok behind the scenes ? Concerns of a genuine nature

Guilbert had a game to forget. They all did. Very puzzling. Is all ok behind the scenes ? Concerns of a genuine nature
I don't think there is anything "wrong behind the scenes" per se. I honestly think that Sunday was a combination of:
1. Defeatist/Victim mentality by the players because of the injuries to Jack, Heaton and Engels, plus the early withdrawal of Jed.
2. Poor tactics by playing with two holding midfielders. I think Smith shoe-horned his "best 11" into a team instead of evaluating what would work best against Wolves.
3. Inexperience on the part of the players as to what is required to win a "local derby."

We lost a game of football . It happens.
Before that we lost 2 games of football, one against the champions of Europe, the other against the current champions of England .
Before that we won 2 in a row.

Not sure how anyone can surmise that there is anything wrong behind the scenes from that sequence.

Its almost as if someone actually wants something to be wrong behind the scenes .

It was a relegation worthy performance but at the end of the day, we lack quality and that isn't helped when three of the better players are out injured.

On paper its a fixture we can afford to lose because not many around us will take points from it, but we MUST win against Newcastle at home or we are effectively putting our fate in the hands of Watford and Southampton. We will get relegated if we don't win these games at home. Dropping against Bournemouth, Burnley and West Ham has been costly already.

No, just realistic. This feels the worst to me since the 0-2 at home to smethwick. Maybe we’ll turn it round but not sure how - particularly with the injuries. Anyway, we’ll be back.
I dont think anyone would argue with you with regard to how piss poor the performance was against Wolves. However I think the above comments by gmvillan and Melon rather put it into perspective.
At the end of the day if we were to go down I dont think this no show at the Molineux will have much to do with it.