Wolves match | Vital Football

Wolves match

Roger Ramjet

Vital Reserves Team
So here we sit, 5th place, 2 points clear into the playoff positions, 2 games in hand and (for the moment) the best goal difference. Just 4 games to go and the 6th place team has all its remaining games against other playoff challengers.

Does this game really matter? If we get something, great, if we lose, as long as goal difference is not damaged too much, its no big deal in points terms, and it would hardly break our slightly revived confidence if we lost 2-1 away at the probable champions.

I wont lose any sleep if we lose, and will be ecstatic with 1 or more points

Can see us getting a draw here. We always play better against the form teams ..................................WE'RE GONNA :bounce: IN A MINUTE !

we were really useless tonight
Nobody with the confidence to run at them
When we play a good team it shows our weaknesses
Left back hopeless.
Weimann is pants. We just don't work hard enough
The system we play is outdated
Two holders waste of time
Free game to try something different
........and blew it

Left back hopeless.
........and blew it
Exactly, why play two holding players who can't run, close down, or push forward when we have a young eager attacking player on loan in Palmer, Lawrence needs to play down the centre of midfield and why are we playing four at the back when three should be plaenty with the two holding players..............................Nugent needs someone with him up front, he is a striker/goalscorer not an attacking forward. Jerome is one of the fastest strikers in the league and again we insist on playing him for 20 minutes when losing !!!!

As I said before, don't mind the result but the performance was dreadful. OK they scored two exceptional goals but we never looked threatening, crabbing sideways and back in the manner of us under Clough jr. I had hoped never to see that "style" from us again, but sadly I now have.

Wolves were streets ahead of us at every level but thankfully the defence was resilient enough to save our goal difference from a battering.

Left back hopeless.
........and blew it
Okay, I know I obviously didn’t see it and everyone is disappointed but is ‘when we play a good team it shows our weaknesses’ strictly true?
Of the teams In contention we’ve come up short against Wolves and Fulham, but haven’t everyone?
Our points record against the other contenders (good teams) isn’t so bad...Villa 3/3, Millwall 4/6, Cardiff 1/3, ‘Boro 3/3, Preston 6/6.
Always a long shot tonight...Burton on Saturday is what really matters...Nigel’s revenge or a big step to the play offs. Can’t afford to let this one slip.

Can see us getting a draw here. We always play better against the form teams ..................................WE'RE GONNA :bounce: IN A MINUTE !

Christ...I hope you’re wrong about that Blooms...Burton are about as out of ‘form’ as it’s possible to get. :ooops:

Game plan screwed in the 6th minute by a great cross and a great run and volley. We were lost from there on in. They caused us a lot of problems without ever looking that dangerous. We failed to cause them problems. They scored 2, apart from that Carson had a 1st half free kick to tip over the bar and a 2nd half shot from Jota to deal with. Their keeper had one 1st half 25 yarder from Huddlestone to contend with and that was straight at him. Their second was a "worldy".

The problem was that they were way more lively. They got almost every 2nd phase ball and when in possession had a choice of outlets because they seem to know the old adage of "when not in possession get in position" and made themselves readily available to receive a pass.

I thought the ref was pretty damned lenient on Wolves.

No shame in losing to the best side in the League but you do have to ask why we set up to let them play their natural game........

At least I got the score right.

Christ...I hope you’re wrong about that Blooms...Burton are about as out of ‘form’ as it’s possible to get. :ooops:
Was talking about the Wolves game...................but how wrong could I have been, we were never at the races and looked a tired team, devoid of any real idea of how to cope with a real Premiership team...........................................Can't see the point in hoping we reach the play-offs as we are clearly not equipped to either win this mini league or progress to the Premiership

As I said before, don't mind the result but the performance was dreadful. OK they scored two exceptional goals but we never looked threatening, crabbing sideways and back in the manner of us under Clough jr. I had hoped never to see that "style" from us again, but sadly I now have.

Wolves were streets ahead of us at every level but thankfully the defence was resilient enough to save our goal difference from a battering.
Yes was really fed up with Wisdom constantly looking to move down the wing only to pass sideways, or more often backwards. Maybe it wasn't his fault as there was little or no movement in front of him.

Just an awful performance yet again and now we have a major battle at the Pirelli to just get back on track and to stop falling out of the play-off race.................. but as I have said before, what's the point as this team hasn't the teamwork, ideas or energy to go any further than a top six finish. Need to do much, much better.

If we do manage promotion via the playoffs, MM will throw 100 million or so at the team to ensure we stay up and then move onwards and upwards. Most of this lot will be gone.

Well that's more money I've wasted i would think Wolves have had harder training session than that Baird out on his feet ten minutes in a complete liability at left back In a bit surprised at all the comments about sideways and backwards passing and looking a tired team We've been like that since January I've been to Reading QPR Forest Preston and Wolves and we've played practically the same in every match Unfortunately not much Rowett can change can't think of anybody in the squad who can change anything Not even Palmer or Jerome The playoffs have gone so maybe try something different although I'm an under23s spectator I've never seen anybody who is ready yet maybe the ones out on loan for next season.

Well that's more money I've wasted i would think Wolves have had harder training session than that Baird out on his feet ten minutes in a complete liability at left back In a bit surprised at all the comments about sideways and backwards passing and looking a tired team We've been like that since January I've been to Reading QPR Forest Preston and Wolves and we've played practically the same in every match Unfortunately not much Rowett can change can't think of anybody in the squad who can change anything Not even Palmer or Jerome The playoffs have gone so maybe try something different although I'm an under23s spectator I've never seen anybody who is ready yet maybe the ones out on loan for next season.
Maybe Thomas deserves a run out for his efforts in the u23'S? Admittedly I have only seen the two games with him in but he does like to run at players and that is what Derby lack at the moment. We are content to play pretty triangles on the half way line or further back before launching a ball or losing it due to the opposition closing down.

We need an Archie Gemmell in midfield and Alan Hinton out on the wings, we already have the Kevin Hector up front.............................but we are a long way of getting a Roy McFarland, Colin Todd defensive partnership going..................................Must stop living in the past, or folks will think I am a Florest fan !:eek:

Blimey mista...as I’ve said before...you see more than most - certainly more than me - and you know what you’re talking about but you don’t half paint a depressing picture.
I’ve been disappointed with Derby for years now but I still have hope for the playoffs...still reckon we’re as good as Villa and could get lucky against all but Fulham.
Listening to you...this season’s gone and there’s little hope for the future. Is it really that bad or have you just been beaten into submission having spent thousands on disappointment over the last four seasons?
Give us a ray of hope or have I got to lock the razor blades away? :cry:

Blimey mista...as I’ve said before...you see more than most - certainly more than me - and you know what you’re talking about but you don’t half paint a depressing picture.
I’ve been disappointed with Derby for years now but I still have hope for the playoffs...still reckon we’re as good as Villa and could get lucky against all but Fulham.
Listening to you...this season’s gone and there’s little hope for the future. Is it really that bad or have you just been beaten into submission having spent thousands on disappointment over the last four seasons?
Give us a ray of hope or have I got to lock the razor blades away? :cry:
RA The difference between us is your an optimist and I'm a realist Nobody wants promotion more me but it won't be happening with this squad ?

RA The difference between us is your an optimist and I'm a realist Nobody wants promotion more me but it won't be happening with this squad ?

Don’t think I’ve ever been called an ‘optimist’ before, mista. Expectation is the mother of disappointment to me...which isn’t the best way to be.
I wasn’t doubting you...I recognise you see a lot of football and know more about DCFC than most which just makes your pessimism about the future even more worrying.
Any hope going forward?

Latest Rams News