Wio escapes punishment | Vital Football

Wio escapes punishment

Skoorb

Alert Team
Why am I not surprised?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Man Utd vs Real Madrid: rio Ferdinand avoids UEFA sanctions

Rio Ferdinand will not be punished by Uefa for his conduct at the end of Manchester United's Champions League loss to Real Madrid.

Ferdinand applauded sarcastically in the face of Turkish referee Cuneyt Cakir after full-time following the decision to send off Nani.

United lost the tie 3-2 on aggregate.

European football's governing body will take action over Nani's red card and the "non-fulfilment of post-match media obligations" at Old Trafford.

United were leading 1-0 on the night - and 2-1 on aggregate - when referee Cakir dismissed Nani for a high challenge on Alvaro Arbeloa in the 56th minute.

But the Spanish side capitalised on their numerical advantage as they scored twice to win the second leg 2-1, securing their place in the quarter-finals.

Ferdinand, 34, was visibly upset at the full-time whistle as he and his United team-mates surrounded the match officials.

But after receiving the referee's report, a Uefa spokesman said no action would be taken against the defender, although they confirmed other proceedings.

They will assess whether Nani's red card is worthy of punishment beyond an automatic one-match ban, while Ferguson's refusal to speak to the media is a breach of Uefa regulations.

No United player spoke to the media either, which also breaks competition rules.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21700295

From Vital Red-Moan.

I think you'll see by the comment I've left that I am getting seriously hacked-off with the petulant whining of the self-styled "World's greatest Club".

**cking unbelievable the sense of entitlement. :doh!: :doh!: :doh!:

http://www.manchesterunited.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=311835

Their shameless hypocrisy truly knows no bounds and they never change. In their sad, deluded minds they blame everyone else but themselves for anything which doesn't go their way. Bunch of complete tw*ts who will wear their 'hair shirts' over this for goodness knows how long.

I think all we will need is for a Chelsea player on Sunday to commit a Nani-type foul on a Rag, and escape punishment.
You know what the cry will be then.....

If Nani got sent off, X should be sent off.....forgetting, of course, that they'd argued it wasn't a sending off :yup: