Wimbledon tickets | Vital Football

Wimbledon tickets

Buddha

Vital Football Hero
What's the situation? Is there pay on the day? If not, how/where can tickets be bought?

Any info/help would be appreciated. Cheers.

Already on sale, Budd.

More expensive than in previous years.

Wimbledon site
Ok, thanks Nibbles.

I'm trying to find out for my lad who wants to go. He said he's looked at the Wimbledon site but didn't know which part of the ground Gills fans will be in.

Sorry, I'm not with him so I can't properly help him, just told him I'd put a message up on here and somebody would probably know. Is there a bit on the website for away fans or does he have to select a stand/terrace, and if so which one?

Great! I'll tell him. Thanks nibbles.
I got mine a week or so back. Looks like they are selling them block at a time, but think they might be on the last couple of blocks now, so imagine they’ll sell out before the night.

Pretty sure it will be sit where you like once you get in there anyway
Fine for most games where the away stand is half full, but doesn’t always work where all the tickets are sold - often easier to sit in your allocated seat.

Fine for most games where the away stand is half full, but doesn’t always work where all the tickets are sold - often easier to sit in your allocated seat.
I used to think unallocated sold out seated stands would cause bedlam but recently we’ve been in some that have worked out alright, like Luton or Millwall back in the day. Open up the blocks one by one.

Talking to a Man UTD fan on the way back from Wrexham he says the away ticket is just to get you through the turnstiles and then you sit where you like. This is a long-established norm which everyone follows.

At Gills it’s different as we don’t have that understanding. Personally I’m happy standing anywhere but you have that feeling in our away ends where someone will turf you out if you’re in their seat otherwise they’ll think they’ll get turfed out if they stand in someone else’s sit. Not that I blame them.

Ideally we should say the lower half or third of the stand is allocated seats and then the back half or so is unallocated. The most important thing to me is those who need a seat, an unrestricted view or a ground level row should be able to reserve it.

The Man UTD fan also said that they’re allowed to take beer to their seats in European games in particular countries. Oh to be that civilised!

Last edited:
I used to think unallocated sold out seated stands would cause bedlam but recently we’ve been in some that have worked out alright, like Luton or Millwall back in the day. Open up the blocks one by one.

Talking to a Man UTD fan on the way back from Wrexham he says the away ticket is just to get you through the turnstiles and then you sit where you like. This is a long-established norm which everyone follows.

At Gills it’s different as we don’t have that understanding. Personally I’m happy standing anywhere but you have that feeling in our away ends where someone will turf you out if you’re in their seat otherwise they’ll think they’ll get turfed out if they stand in someone else’s sit. Not that I blame them.

Ideally we should say the lower half or third of the stand is allocated seats and then the back half or so is unallocated. The most important thing to me is those who need a seat, an unrestricted view or a ground level row should be able to reserve it.

The Man UTD fan also said that they’re allowed to take beer to their seats in European games in particular countries. Oh to be that civilised!
First question I ask stewards when entering the away seating - "can we sit anywhere?" It`s why I get to grounds early. Most allow "anywhere" though last season at Harrogate they insisted sit in your allocated seat - upset a few !