Will we have a better opportunity? | Vital Football

Will we have a better opportunity?

Casperimp

Vital 1st Team Regular
7 crucial matches potentially 10 if we get to the playoff final.

Nobody knows how the international break will affect teams and hopefully we can keep momentum but to me this feels like our moment.

We are in form we have a balanced team playing at the top of it's game. If we make the playoffs we will be the team in form and from the evidence I have seen home and away over the last 13 matches we have been getting better and better.

We have come from nowhere to put ourselves firmly in the playoff picture. To me this feels like our moment never in all my years have we ever entered a playoff campaign in anything better than average or poor form. This feels different.

Forget building for next season that's utter rubbish there are just too many variables to predict how we will play next season (players leaving, loss of form, not getting our targets the manager being poached). That last point is salient look at Oxford, if we didn't go up is season but started excellently next season who's to say a big club wouldn't come in for Skubala.

For me we need to seize this opportunity now to get into The Championship because who knows when the next one will come along and for all those that say we wouldn't be ready at what point are you ready? Let's get there and see where the ride takes us. I suspect most of us on here were't born or were too young to remember seeing us play at that level as it was 63 years ago.

Let's do it now!

My mate says, if we make it, we don't want Posh or Derby. I dont imagine any of them will fancy playing us if we keep battering everyonein our path!!

I agree. I don't think anyone would fancy playing us in the playoffs and certainly way more pressure will be on the other three protagonists

Nothing like ratcheting the pressure up on a team who some were saying were in a possible relegation battle only a couple of months ago!
We are in a very good place at the moment, but it will be very tough to maintain that over the next potentially 10 games and I do feel as though some will be mightily disappointed if we don't get into the Play Offs and subsequently get promoted and start to point fingers. That would be a total nonsense when you consider how the team has been playing since the turn of the year, but we all know how some individual natures are.
As said one game at a time and we'll see where we are after each one.

Nothing like ratcheting the pressure up on a team who some were saying were in a possible relegation battle only a couple of months ago!
We are in a very good place at the moment, but it will be very tough to maintain that over the next potentially 10 games and I do feel as though some will be mightily disappointed if we don't get into the Play Offs and subsequently get promoted and start to point fingers. That would be a total nonsense when you consider how the team has been playing since the turn of the year, but we all know how some individual natures are.
As said one game at a time and we'll see where we are after each one.
Of course I would be disappointed if we don't make it - I am every season we don't get promoted, but I definitely wouldn't be pointing any fingers. I will deem this season as hugely successful, (given the "football" on offer only 6 months ago), even if it ended tomorrow.

Of course I would be disappointed if we don't make it - I am every season we don't get promoted, but I definitely wouldn't be pointing any fingers. I will deem this season as hugely successful, (given the "football" on offer only 6 months ago), even if it ended tomorrow.

Glad to hear it. I just know how a very verbal minority are. The majority, me included, will be delighted with the progress however it pans out over the next month.

Glad to hear it. I just know how a very verbal minority are. The majority, me included, will be delighted with the progress however it pans out over the next month.
Would be great to make the playoffs, but as important we are being entertained ! on the front foot and pressing high. First part of the season Sorensen would break down the wing, look up, and just nobody was in the middle to aim for. Doing the same now 2 or 3 are in there busting a gut to get on the end of it ! UTI.

one game at a time. it all starts again tomorrow.
This for me. I'm enjoying it, im dreaming big but it could all feel over in 2/3 games if we don't do the business and Oxford/Blackpool do. We could quickly find ourselves 5-8 points behind just by Tuesday so one game at a time and we give it our all to back the team as fans each time like its a final.

We need to come out of Easter with 6 points for me to think the play offs are likely. I don't expect us to beat both Wigan and Reading.

The best opportunity we ever had was 20/21 with Johnson and Rogers on the wings. Unfortunately we ran out of steam.

Agree with the opening post, and believe that if (big if) we make the play offs we'll win them. Law of averages as well as good form. Can't afford to lose to Oxford. Reading away the most difficult game left - could lose that. Orient feels like the Stevenage game. Need to make sure Carlisle isn't same as Swindon 82. We'll beat Pompey. Get to the last three games in 6th or 7th with a couple of points in between, we'll do it.

We need to come out of Easter with 6 points for me to think the play offs are likely. I don't expect us to beat both Wigan and Reading.

The best opportunity we ever had was 20/21 with Johnson and Rogers on the wings. Unfortunately we ran out of steam.
I suppose that’s the point Casper is making, as it stands we’re peaking rather than dropping off.
I suppose best chance in my supporting life would be the season ending at Fulham.

If we manage to take sixth place in the table it will be an incredible achievement and the whole squad will be on a high, in contrast to the teams in third/ fourth place, disappointed at failing to go up automatically. I hope that would play to our advantage.

We need to do our best and see where it will take us. That is the beauty of our situation. No pressure. We can, we don't have to.

I think our horrible luck with injuries might be a problem in the end.

Next season looks very promising but like Casper said, too many variables plus expectations and presuure on top of that.

Either way great problem to have. Are we going up this or next season ... :)

If you have a realistic chance for the play-offs,you need to go for it. You cannot "defer" these things until you hope things are more favorable.

The anticipation of yet another fantastic performance tomorrow is palpable.
However let's not forget Leyton Orient will be here to enhance their own chances of that final play off position.

It's difficult not to get a bit carried away at the moment due to the momentum we've got.

I'm sure Skubala has the players properly prepared for what hopefully is going to be a very exciting month or so.

It's a free shot, as they say. If you'd told me we'd be in this position, at the beginning of the year, I wouldn't have believed you. I don't think any one of us would. Embrace it.

It's a free shot, as they say. If you'd told me we'd be in this position, at the beginning of the year, I wouldn't have believed you. I don't think any one of us would. Embrace it.
If you had told me before the Burton game at the start of February I wouldn't have believed you.
29 games 8 wins
39 games 16 wins.
You only have to read around to see fans other teams are scared of us now, they weren't two months ago!
Remarkable stuff!