Wigan v Swans | Vital Football

Wigan v Swans

keith margam

Vital Football Legend
Another tough away match and another 3 matches in a week, in the relentless Championship schedule.
Form Guide last 6 matches:
Wigan 3W, 0D, 3L, 9 Pts
Swans 2W, 2D, 2L, 8 Pts
We are both on 16 points, goal difference separating us, we are in 7th and Wigan in 8th position in the league table. They’ve done well so far, having just come up from League 1, after slumping down there from the PL, just like Sunderland.
Wigan lost a hard fought game 1-0 at form side Norwich (5 straight wins) yesterday, to an 86th min penalty, and will certainly be no pushovers.

Last edited:
I’ve got NowTV and took up an offer from Sky Sports for four months viewing at £20 pounds a month, just to watch the Swans as they seemed to be shown live a lot. Since I’ve got it I’ve seen one live game as their second block of live fixtures forgot about the Swans.
However, Wigan v Swans is live on Sky Sports Tues night, but only by pressing your remote control red button.
NowTV doesn’t have a red button so the match can’t be accessed!
I see Swans TV also have it on live if you pay a hefty £10, a bit much just to watch it on your laptop or phone, unless there’s a way of mirroring it to your TV.

Some answers to Swans TV fans queries -
The device used to stream a game is also important. Anyone wishing to view a game through a laptop or desktop computer must access the stream through the club website, while those viewing on mobile or tablet devices have to use the Official Swans app otherwise the feed will not work, a factor that caused some confusion to fans at the start of the project.
Similarly, because of EFL restrictions, footage cannot be accessed through a smart TV.
Another issue raised by some supporters has been the price of the streaming options. Minimum prices are set by the EFL, who do not permit clubs to make streaming available for free and take a percentage of the subscription fees. In the UK the only option is a flat rate of £10 a game.

Another good point away from home and another clean sheet. Should have won it in the first half, had plenty of good chances but we lack quality in the final third. Some superb passing football at times but they came back into it in the 2nd. They let us off with a poor back pass but plenty of positives to take.

Well I forked out the £10 and enjoyed the coverage with Leon in the studio and Wyndham co-commentator on the match. Only one camera but there was action replay.
We could have had the match sown up by half time with some great passing football, but chances were missed.
Wigan pressed us high second half and had the chance of the game from Grimes mistake but a great save from Nordfelt one on one. McBurnie inches away from the winner deep into injury time, but we take the draw and move on.
Stadium looked half empty, surprisingly, with them just promoted and doing so well in seventh position.

Possession Swans 60% - Wigan 40%. Shots 17-10, On Target 5-1
Wigan unbeaten in 13 home league games.
Swans clean sheet is their sixth in 11 games under GP.

Last edited: