Wigan Athletic join eSports scene | Vital Football

Wigan Athletic join eSports scene

Greeny978

Vital Youth Team
Just seen on twitter:

A lot of virtual sports going on recently to fill the hole left by cancelled sporting events, such as the virtual go last night organised by F1.

Not sure if this isolation is the big reason behind this decision or it's coincidence. It won't bring many positives besides more exposure to the younger crowd and even those who may not like sports but are more into gaming tournaments (even if it is a sports game like FIFA). There's virtually no negatives to this either.

It is nice to see Wigan keeping up with modern events and keep in touch with the younger generation.

The younger generation need to get out a bit more, this self isolation malarkey won't affect the lazy little gets, pissing about on X boxes all day and night is frying their half a dozen brain cells as well.

Never in the house when i were a kid!

The younger generation need to get out a bit more, this self isolation malarkey won't affect the lazy little gets, pissing about on X boxes all day and night is frying their half a dozen brain cells as well.

Never in the house when i were a kid!

And it never did you any harm!

And it never did you any harm!

No it didn't, i was a picture of health, and the lads i knocked around with, we spent our time either playing football, bird nesting, swimming in the Red Pond behind Rathbones bakery (remember that lads?) nicking apples or pears, great days and something to do all year round.

I used to be well pissed off when my Dad made me stay in when i'd been in a bit of bother. :( i think grounded is the daft Yank term they use now!

We did very similar things ourselves........including stream jumping in the local woods. The only thing was that the orchards near us used to have crab apples & bakers rather than normal eaters. Bellyache guaranteed.