Who would you like to keep for next season? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Who would you like to keep for next season?

Yes we are watching money so why would we agree to clauses that increase wages so much we were unwilling or unable to pay in the first place if they play regularly all season? There's no way the new sensible approach would enter an agreement knowing we are trapped paying loan players we won't be able to use for large parts of the season.

Shaw and Morrison are regulary on the bench and occasionally come on - if we were so afraid of playing them another game in case we had to pay more why would we include them in the squad at all?

Morrison has made no first team apperances before this season - his parent club need him getting as many games as possible for their benefit - so why would they put in a clause that disincentiveses us to play him over a certain number of games?

Shaw was on loan at Morcambe last season who have a tiny budget so they'd have probably been in the same position as us and there's no way they'd be able to pay a significant wage increase for playing him more games than we did.

It's far harder to think that the club got themselves into such a mess of making agreements we can't afford than it is they fell down the pecking order in the managers view.

I can't understand why you are so reluctant to accept that clauses like I have mentioned exist.

The only reasoning you have given is that you have never heard of such a clause being used despite being presented with evidence that such clauses are possible.

As I have said previously, I don't know if such a clause exists in the loan agreements for both Shaw and Morrison, but it would make it easier to understand the reasoning behind Morrison disappearing from the starting eleven and being replaced by an inferior player in Goode.

I would assume that the wages that Morrison is on at Bayern Munich would be in excess of what we would be paying any player we signed this season and that we would never have been able to afford him if we were to have agreed to pay his wages in full. Given that, I suspect that an agreement was made to pay a percentage of his full wage which we were happy to take on but maybe Bayern wanted us to pay more and we agreed that if he played a certain number of games we would take on more of his wages.

The signing of Goode in January seemed strange at the time, but if Brentford were willing to cough up more of his wages, and I wouldn't be surprised given his injury record if that was 100%, then Maloney would no doubt have been encouraged to leave Morrison out and play the cheaper alternative.

All of this is speculation, I accept, but simply dismissing it out of hand because you haven't seen an example of it before is simply short sighted in my view, especially having been presented with written evidence to suggest that it is something that does get written into loan agreements.

Last edited:
I can't understand why you are so reluctant to accept that clauses like I have mentioned exist.

The only reasoning you have given is that you have never heard of such a clause being used despite being presented with evidence that such clauses are possible.

As I have said previously, I don't know if such a clause exists in the loan agreements for both Shaw and Morrison, but it would make it easier to understand the reasoning behind Morrison disappearing from the starting eleven and being replaced by an inferior player in Goode.

I would assume that the wages that Morrison is on at Bayern Munich would be in excess of what we would be paying any player we signed this season and that we would never have been able to afford him if we were to have agreed to pay his wages in full. Given that, I suspect that an agreement was made to pay a percentage of his full wage which we were happy to take on but maybe Bayern wanted us to pay more and we agreed that if he played a certain number of games we would take on more of his wages.

The signing of Goode in January seemed strange at the time, but if Brentford were willing to cough up more of his wages, and I wouldn't be surprised given his injury record if that was 100%, then Maloney would no doubt have been encouraged to leave Morrison out and play the cheaper alternative.

All of this is speculation, I accept, but simply dismissing it out of hand because you haven't seen an example of it before is simply short sighted in my view, especially having been presented with written evidence to suggest that it is something that does get written into loan agreements.

There may be some clubs who agree such clauses.

But I've outlined numerous reasons and observations over my previous posts that make me think that this ownership under these circumstances would be unlikely to agree to such.

But I've outlined numerous reasons and observations over my previous posts that make me think that this ownership under these circumstances would be unlikely to agree to such.
You both argue your points very well. However KDZ, it seems that you believe your "explanation" to be the truth, while TB's simply offering his as a possible reason as to the (non)selection.

Either or neither might be true ... we don't know ... and it's very possibly another reason altogether.

You both argue your points very well. However KDZ, it seems that you believe your "explanation" to be the truth, while TB's simply offering his as a possible reason as to the (non)selection.

Either or neither might be true ... we don't know ... and it's very possibly another reason altogether.

We'll probably never know for certain but for me it's just 'Occams Razor' - the simplest explanation is the most plausible.

With the end of the season fast approaching how many of the current squad would everyone want to have here next season?

The reality is some will be more realistic to keep than others - but for the purposes of discussion in an ideal world if the out of contract players were willing to stay for a salary we could afford, the loanees parent clubs were willing to let them come back for another season and we got offers for players we owned but didn't fancy - who would you like to see retained?

Also any players you've seen from other clubs you'd like to see us go for?

Keepers
Tickle
Amos

Right backs
Clare
Sessegon

Left backs
Pearce
Chambers

Centre backs
Hughes
Goode
Kerr
Morrison
Watts

Central Mids
Adeeko
Matt Smith
Scott Smith
Shaw

Attacking Mids
Aasgaard
Sze
Humphrys
J Smith
McMannaman
Jones

Strikers
Wyke
Magennis
Kelman
Stones

Coming back from loans
Carragher
McHugh
Robinson
Adams
Mitchell
Watson

Tickle - Keep (feel he will go though)
Amos - Leave

Clare - Keep (but not as a right back in a back 4. Position where he has played the most this season but looks least comfortable. I'd like to see him tried as a wing-back when we play 3 ATB or right wing when we play a 4 man defence.

Sessegnon - Keep, can cover both sides at full back in a back four and can play as a RCB in a back three. To me when we have tried Clare as a RCB and Sessegnon as a RWB in a 3 man defence, I have always felt that they should be used the other way around.

Chambers - Keep (but no chance, will have a Championship loan next season or a loan at Ajax if Klopp's assistant Pep Ljinders ends up there as their new manager)

Pearce - Leave. I don't think Maloney seems too convinced on Pearce personally. Not the best defensively too and has been very injury prone the last 2 to 3 seasons. Forever thankful to him as one of the last survivors of the admin 2020-21 season but he is a player who needs a fresh start elsewhere imo. Perhaps one for a Carlisle, Vale (if they go down) to sign at top end of League Two next season.

Hughes - Keep (but again like Tickle I think he may well be off in the summer)

Goode - Undecided. I don't think he works too well when paired with Hughes but Hughes is likely not going to be here next season and you feel he should do OK in League One. Maybe one as more a squad player option than as a regular starter if we opt to sign him.

Kerr - Keep and make him the club captain

Morrison - Keep over Goode if possible. I felt he was progressing nicely alongside Hughes before being taken out of the team for Goode. Morrison turns 22 soon so you feel that Bayern Munich II (their reserve side) will probably be keen to move him on to make way for U19s players to promote. So with some of the potential Hughes transfer money I would slap in a bid (maybe 100/200k and see if they accept). He is a player with potential who could play Championship in the future and who could fetch a profit in the future under this new model.

Watts - Leave. Really hope his loan doesn't have a buy option. Hasn't really impressed when played and seems to me that the serious injury he suffered at Peterborough last season has had an impact. I think we can do better.

Adeeko - Keep. Still has good potential even if he has dropped a bit performance wise as the season has gone on. Not sure about him being a regular starter yet though. Not a player at all to give up on though and the new long term contract reflects this.

Matt Smith - Keep. Cornerstone player who is still contracted to build around in the future. Hope he stays injury free next season and hope we get him a decent experienced midfield partner in the Tom Naylor mould.

Scott Smith - Keep. Still not sure I see Scott as someone who will be a regular starter for us in case of a theoretical playoff challenge in season 2025-26 for example. But nonetheless he has got better as the season has progressed. Will morph into a useful squad player for us and likely cheap wages-wise too.

Shaw - Leave. Maloney hasn't really taken a fancy to him.

Aasgaard - Keep and like Matt Smith, another cornerstone player to build around next season. A big season next season for him could see him be another big money departure in 2025 like Hughes and Tickle could be this summer.

Sze - Keep but loan out. I don't think he is ready for starts in League One right now. Truth be told I felt it was him and not Stones who needed a loan out to Oldham earlier in the season. May one to look at for a loan till January in the National League before then a January to April loan in League Two next season?

Humphrys - Leave. Would like to keep him as he has quality at this level but feel he won't renew.

Jonny Smith - Undecided. Feel he has shown some decent moments and has his uses as a squad player. Might be one who stays initially as a squad player till January next season but then gets a loan/permanent move out as the season progresses.

McManaman - Keep. Worth one more season for me as a squad player, will probably feature less next season but is useful to keep around as an experienced head in the camp for the younger players. Will have his uses to come in for the odd midweek league game and midweek Cup games (EFL Trophy)

Jordan Jones - Keep, hope there is a decent chunk of wage room freed up so we can offer a competitive package to keep him. Feel like his absence has been felt these last 3 games.

Wyke - Leave. High wages, doesn't really fit with Maloney's tactics and feel he hasn't been the same since that awful incident in 2021-22. Such a shame when as was starting to come good for us in that promotion season.

Magennis - Leave. Another likely on high wages and we need to make every penny count wages wise. If we are looking to keep Kerr, Jones and McManaman we have the experienced old heads to guide the young players there. So no need to keep Magennis on those grounds.

Kelman - Leave. Heard one or two Orient fans online say that they would only have kept Kelman in mid table in League One as a squad player after having him on loan last season in League Two. Can see why on evidence of what I have seen so far of him. He seems like a player who has his uses at this level. A workaholic/pressing forward who chips in with the odd 5/6/7 goals and assists in a season but never a prolific scorer. I think we need to be ruthless when rebuilding the strike force this summer with minimum 2 strikers coming in and I don't think Kelman has done enough to consider buying him permanently.

Stones - Keep. Not certain he will be a regular starter next season for us at season's beginning. But should get minutes and then some starts to press his case for regular starts come the latter part of next season. Shame he got injured in that loan at Oldham as feel he would have been getting some starts now ahead of Kelman and Magennis. Can't wait to see what he can do healed up with a full pre season behind him.

Carragher - Undecided

McHugh - Release. We have several players who can fill in at RB/RWB such as Clare, Sessegnon and Scott Smith if needs be

Robinson - Keep. Seems to be having a good loan spell at St Johnstone and worth looking at over a full pre season. Squad player at start next season but hope he can develop into something more.

Adams - Keep. Maybe one for EFL Trophy games early season and a second half of the season loan again in League Two. One who could have a future with us.

Mitchell - Keep. Seems to have impressed at AFC Fylde. I'd offer a one year renewal and maybe like Adams look at a second half loan to a League Two club with some early season EFL Trophy games thrown in.

Watson - Keep. Again another candidate for a second half season loan out.

I will also throw in two other players currently amongst the older side in out U23s in Abdi Sharif and Luke Brennan. Probably two to be released as unlikely now to break into first team or bench going forward.

It's a big summer ahead on the recruitment front. Could be looking at an entire new defence (2/3 CBs, 1/2 LB's and 1/2 new keepers), 1/2 CM's, 1/2 wingers and 2 new strikers

Tickle - Keep (feel he will go though)
Amos - Leave

Clare - Keep (but not as a right back in a back 4. Position where he has played the most this season but looks least comfortable. I'd like to see him tried as a wing-back when we play 3 ATB or right wing when we play a 4 man defence.

Sessegnon - Keep, can cover both sides at full back in a back four and can play as a RCB in a back three. To me when we have tried Clare as a RCB and Sessegnon as a RWB in a 3 man defence, I have always felt that they should be used the other way around.

Chambers - Keep (but no chance, will have a Championship loan next season or a loan at Ajax if Klopp's assistant Pep Ljinders ends up there as their new manager)

Pearce - Leave. I don't think Maloney seems too convinced on Pearce personally. Not the best defensively too and has been very injury prone the last 2 to 3 seasons. Forever thankful to him as one of the last survivors of the admin 2020-21 season but he is a player who needs a fresh start elsewhere imo. Perhaps one for a Carlisle, Vale (if they go down) to sign at top end of League Two next season.

Hughes - Keep (but again like Tickle I think he may well be off in the summer)

Goode - Undecided. I don't think he works too well when paired with Hughes but Hughes is likely not going to be here next season and you feel he should do OK in League One. Maybe one as more a squad player option than as a regular starter if we opt to sign him.

Kerr - Keep and make him the club captain

Morrison - Keep over Goode if possible. I felt he was progressing nicely alongside Hughes before being taken out of the team for Goode. Morrison turns 22 soon so you feel that Bayern Munich II (their reserve side) will probably be keen to move him on to make way for U19s players to promote. So with some of the potential Hughes transfer money I would slap in a bid (maybe 100/200k and see if they accept). He is a player with potential who could play Championship in the future and who could fetch a profit in the future under this new model.

Watts - Leave. Really hope his loan doesn't have a buy option. Hasn't really impressed when played and seems to me that the serious injury he suffered at Peterborough last season has had an impact. I think we can do better.

Adeeko - Keep. Still has good potential even if he has dropped a bit performance wise as the season has gone on. Not sure about him being a regular starter yet though. Not a player at all to give up on though and the new long term contract reflects this.

Matt Smith - Keep. Cornerstone player who is still contracted to build around in the future. Hope he stays injury free next season and hope we get him a decent experienced midfield partner in the Tom Naylor mould.

Scott Smith - Keep. Still not sure I see Scott as someone who will be a regular starter for us in case of a theoretical playoff challenge in season 2025-26 for example. But nonetheless he has got better as the season has progressed. Will morph into a useful squad player for us and likely cheap wages-wise too.

Shaw - Leave. Maloney hasn't really taken a fancy to him.

Aasgaard - Keep and like Matt Smith, another cornerstone player to build around next season. A big season next season for him could see him be another big money departure in 2025 like Hughes and Tickle could be this summer.

Sze - Keep but loan out. I don't think he is ready for starts in League One right now. Truth be told I felt it was him and not Stones who needed a loan out to Oldham earlier in the season. May one to look at for a loan till January in the National League before then a January to April loan in League Two next season?

Humphrys - Leave. Would like to keep him as he has quality at this level but feel he won't renew.

Jonny Smith - Undecided. Feel he has shown some decent moments and has his uses as a squad player. Might be one who stays initially as a squad player till January next season but then gets a loan/permanent move out as the season progresses.

McManaman - Keep. Worth one more season for me as a squad player, will probably feature less next season but is useful to keep around as an experienced head in the camp for the younger players. Will have his uses to come in for the odd midweek league game and midweek Cup games (EFL Trophy)

Jordan Jones - Keep, hope there is a decent chunk of wage room freed up so we can offer a competitive package to keep him. Feel like his absence has been felt these last 3 games.

Wyke - Leave. High wages, doesn't really fit with Maloney's tactics and feel he hasn't been the same since that awful incident in 2021-22. Such a shame when as was starting to come good for us in that promotion season.

Magennis - Leave. Another likely on high wages and we need to make every penny count wages wise. If we are looking to keep Kerr, Jones and McManaman we have the experienced old heads to guide the young players there. So no need to keep Magennis on those grounds.

Kelman - Leave. Heard one or two Orient fans online say that they would only have kept Kelman in mid table in League One as a squad player after having him on loan last season in League Two. Can see why on evidence of what I have seen so far of him. He seems like a player who has his uses at this level. A workaholic/pressing forward who chips in with the odd 5/6/7 goals and assists in a season but never a prolific scorer. I think we need to be ruthless when rebuilding the strike force this summer with minimum 2 strikers coming in and I don't think Kelman has done enough to consider buying him permanently.

Stones - Keep. Not certain he will be a regular starter next season for us at season's beginning. But should get minutes and then some starts to press his case for regular starts come the latter part of next season. Shame he got injured in that loan at Oldham as feel he would have been getting some starts now ahead of Kelman and Magennis. Can't wait to see what he can do healed up with a full pre season behind him.

Carragher - Undecided

McHugh - Release. We have several players who can fill in at RB/RWB such as Clare, Sessegnon and Scott Smith if needs be

Robinson - Keep. Seems to be having a good loan spell at St Johnstone and worth looking at over a full pre season. Squad player at start next season but hope he can develop into something more.

Adams - Keep. Maybe one for EFL Trophy games early season and a second half of the season loan again in League Two. One who could have a future with us.

Mitchell - Keep. Seems to have impressed at AFC Fylde. I'd offer a one year renewal and maybe like Adams look at a second half loan to a League Two club with some early season EFL Trophy games thrown in.

Watson - Keep. Again another candidate for a second half season loan out.

I will also throw in two other players currently amongst the older side in out U23s in Abdi Sharif and Luke Brennan. Probably two to be released as unlikely now to break into first team or bench going forward.

It's a big summer ahead on the recruitment front. Could be looking at an entire new defence (2/3 CBs, 1/2 LB's and 1/2 new keepers), 1/2 CM's, 1/2 wingers and 2 new strikers
Think I agree with virtually every word of that, I'd like to see more of McHugh before I judge though

Haven't got the time or desire to do the entire squad but will share my thoughts on a few:

Humphrys - I would love to keep. I think he will be the L1 top scorer and POTS next year. However feel that it will be with Wrexham or Stockport

Hughes - keep. I don't think we will receive an offer anywhere near the sums getting banded about. I'd be amazed if we were offered more than 5m. With him being under contract for the foreseeable, I would hold on to him, no pressure to sell.

Tickle - keep. As above but with a lesser value. Cooper at Plymouth argyle was massively rated for a couple of years but I don't recall any concrete offers ever coming in for him prior to their promotion. Although I can see him attracting interest from bigger clubs than Hughes, backup English keepers are a great way to make prem homegrown squad quotas

Aasgaard, Matt Smith - I would look to build the team around them. Probably an obvious statement

Stones - expect he will get double figure goals next season. If he played for someone else, he would be the player I would target

Excited to see adams get minutes next season

Scott Smith and Adeeko are reasonable squad players but should never start together

Sessegnon, Clare and Jones can play multiple positions so are definitely keeps for me.

Signings.
Alex hartridge from Exeter out of contract and will be leaving. I don't know how well he would suit Maloneys style but is a good defender at this level and will be cheap

Alfie Devine loan - struggling at argyle. Unlikely to have many suitors for another championship loan. Would be affordable and obviously knows the club and most importantly, I believe would thrive in a Maloney teams.

Chris conn-clarke at Altrincham. Putting big numbers in. Worth a gamble. Send sze as a loanee the other way. P42 G23 A11

Haven't got the time or desire to do the entire squad but will share my thoughts on a few:

Humphrys - I would love to keep. I think he will be the L1 top scorer and POTS next year. However feel that it will be with Wrexham or Stockport

Hughes - keep. I don't think we will receive an offer anywhere near the sums getting banded about. I'd be amazed if we were offered more than 5m. With him being under contract for the foreseeable, I would hold on to him, no pressure to sell.

Tickle - keep. As above but with a lesser value. Cooper at Plymouth argyle was massively rated for a couple of years but I don't recall any concrete offers ever coming in for him prior to their promotion. Although I can see him attracting interest from bigger clubs than Hughes, backup English keepers are a great way to make prem homegrown squad quotas

Aasgaard, Matt Smith - I would look to build the team around them. Probably an obvious statement

Stones - expect he will get double figure goals next season. If he played for someone else, he would be the player I would target

Excited to see adams get minutes next season

Scott Smith and Adeeko are reasonable squad players but should never start together

Sessegnon, Clare and Jones can play multiple positions so are definitely keeps for me.

Signings.
Alex hartridge from Exeter out of contract and will be leaving. I don't know how well he would suit Maloneys style but is a good defender at this level and will be cheap

Alfie Devine loan - struggling at argyle. Unlikely to have many suitors for another championship loan. Would be affordable and obviously knows the club and most importantly, I believe would thrive in a Maloney teams.

Chris conn-clarke at Altrincham. Putting big numbers in. Worth a gamble. Send sze as a loanee the other way. P42 G23 A11
Genuinely no idea Alfie had gone to Plymouth, he's loads of time to develop, still only 20. No idea on the Alty player, but if we send Sze on loan (think we should), needs to be a L2 club imo

Genuinely no idea Alfie had gone to Plymouth, he's loads of time to develop, still only 20. No idea on the Alty player, but if we send Sze on loan (think we should), needs to be a L2 club imo
They're looking like they will make the play offs so could happen. I feel the most important aspect for sze is minutes and goal contributions. I wouldn't be adverse to a Conference loan. Potentially do six months and then review with possibility of L2 club if he's firing.

I suppose it depends what the clubs plans are. If we are looking to develop him over 1,2 or 3 seasons.

I take it therefore that you now accept the premise of my argument that such clauses exist.

I have said in previous posts that I have no knowledge of whether or not a clause such as this has been negotiated in any of the players loan agreements and that my assumption that it may have is pure speculation.

You mention "Occams Razor" in that the simplest explanation is the most plausible, but that applies to both scenarios in this case.

The club are in the midst of a crisis with wages caused by the previous ownership and are cutting the budget significantly and therefore any saving they can make will be welcomed. If a clause such as I have mentioned is in place it would be the most plausible course of action to take as we have cover for both Morrison and Shaw's positions and offers the simplest explanation.

Although, more in Morrison's case than that of Shaw, he was a regular starter in the initial stages of the campaign and has represented and on occasion captained Scotland at U16,17,19 and 21 levels. So having that pedigree and being unaware of him having been injured your assumption that Maloney simply doesn't fancy him seems less likely, indeed it seems even less plausible given that Maloney heaped praise on him during that period. Unless Morrison has committed a cardinal sin and alienated Maloney in doing so I can see no reason why he would take against him.

As I have previously said, I have no other evidence that what I have said is correct other than that which I have posted, but in my mind the most plausible reason is monetary and not simply that the manager has taken him out of his plans.

I take it therefore that you now accept the premise of my argument that such clauses exist.

I have said in previous posts that I have no knowledge of whether or not a clause such as this has been negotiated in any of the players loan agreements and that my assumption that it may have is pure speculation.

You mention "Occams Razor" in that the simplest explanation is the most plausible, but that applies to both scenarios in this case.

The club are in the midst of a crisis with wages caused by the previous ownership and are cutting the budget significantly and therefore any saving they can make will be welcomed. If a clause such as I have mentioned is in place it would be the most plausible course of action to take as we have cover for both Morrison and Shaw's positions and offers the simplest explanation.

Although, more in Morrison's case than that of Shaw, he was a regular starter in the initial stages of the campaign and has represented and on occasion captained Scotland at U16,17,19 and 21 levels. So having that pedigree and being unaware of him having been injured your assumption that Maloney simply doesn't fancy him seems less likely, indeed it seems even less plausible given that Maloney heaped praise on him during that period. Unless Morrison has committed a cardinal sin and alienated Maloney in doing so I can see no reason why he would take against him.

As I have previously said, I have no other evidence that what I have said is correct other than that which I have posted, but in my mind the most plausible reason is monetary and not simply that the manager has taken him out of his plans.
A clause like that may exist even if I've never seen an example of it but I refer to all my previous posts with the numerous reasons as to why I think it's highly unlikely that it's the case in this instance.

So basically, what you are saying is that despite being presented with a written account from a reputable source which took about five minutes to research on the internet you are still sceptical that such clauses exist.

I despair.

I am not disputing that it may not apply to the current agreement in place with Morrison as I have said but the information below clearly states that these clauses exist.

Certainly! A loan agreement in football can indeed include a performance-related wage clause. Let’s explore how this works:

What Is a Performance-Related Wage Clause?
  • A performance-related wage clause is a provision in a player’s contract that ties their earnings (wages or bonuses) to specific performance metrics.
  • These metrics can vary and might include goals scored, assists provided, appearances made, clean sheets (for goalkeepers), or other relevant factors.
  • How It Works in Loan Agreements:
    • When a player is on loan, the receiving club (where the player is temporarily playing) and the sending club (where the player is registered) negotiate the terms.
    • If both clubs agree, they can include a performance-related wage clause in the loan agreement.
    • Here’s an example:
      • Suppose Club A loans Player X to Club B for a season.
      • The loan agreement specifies that Player X will receive a base salary (fixed amount) during the loan period.
      • Additionally, if Player X achieves certain performance targets (e.g., scoring a certain number of goals or playing a minimum number of matches), they may receive additional bonuses.
      • These bonuses are directly linked to their on-field performance.

So basically, what you are saying is that despite being presented with a written account from a reputable source which took about five minutes to research on the internet you are still sceptical that such clauses exist.

I despair.

I am not disputing that it may not apply to the current agreement in place with Morrison as I have said but the information below clearly states that these clauses exist.

Certainly! A loan agreement in football can indeed include a performance-related wage clause. Let’s explore how this works:

What Is a Performance-Related Wage Clause?
  • A performance-related wage clause is a provision in a player’s contract that ties their earnings (wages or bonuses) to specific performance metrics.
  • These metrics can vary and might include goals scored, assists provided, appearances made, clean sheets (for goalkeepers), or other relevant factors.
  • How It Works in Loan Agreements:
    • When a player is on loan, the receiving club (where the player is temporarily playing) and the sending club (where the player is registered) negotiate the terms.
    • If both clubs agree, they can include a performance-related wage clause in the loan agreement.
    • Here’s an example:
      • Suppose Club A loans Player X to Club B for a season.
      • The loan agreement specifies that Player X will receive a base salary (fixed amount) during the loan period.
      • Additionally, if Player X achieves certain performance targets (e.g., scoring a certain number of goals or playing a minimum number of matches), they may receive additional bonuses.
      • These bonuses are directly linked to their on-field performance.

All I said is I haven’t heard of an example.

All I said is I haven’t heard of an example.

Yes, but you were sceptical in your earlier posts that because you hadn't seen or heard of such clauses they couldn't exist.

I have simply pursued this due to your scepticism.

"I can't see any clauses that potentially increase spend on a player beyond initial loan agreement being allowed while in embargo."

"A clause like that may exist"

"I've heard of plenty of instances when a number of appearances triggers an automatic contract extension for the player the following season or a payment to the player or their previous club.

But I've never heard of triggers increasing wage contributions percentages after a number of appearances in a loan deal at any club at any level."

Now we can drop it.

I’d guess the club are hoping that a few more youngsters can progress into the first team next season along with bringing in some free transfers and loan signings. I’ve got no problem with that as long as we see a more positive approach to games and improve how we perform against teams in the bottom half of the league.

In terms which youngsters we might see, I’d say Carragher, Robinson, Adams, McHugh, Mitchell and Stones would be the ones who are most likely to be given a chance.