Who Was Your MOTM v Exeter City? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Who Was Your MOTM v Exeter City?

Eardley for me. The man is more than a cut above.

Special mention to Whitehouse for his effort, but as others have mentioned, he lacks a bit of technique. 4-3-3 suits him well. What I don’t like about the system is the lack of width we appear to have, no winger for the ball down the flanks, and I’d worry about a more attacking team ‘doubling up’ on our full backs.

Freck for me does not justify his start. He hasn’t shown enough for me since his return.

Whitehouse was superb yesterday. Took a few heavy knocks for the team and was all over the pitch. He deserved a goal for his efforts, having had a couple of pops earlier,but at least he did indirectly set up Rowe's goal. Given how much time the lad has spent on the bench this season, without complaint, his performance was exceptional. The very definition of a team player.

Wharton is improving by the game and Eardley is calmness personified, as well as easily the best crosser in the team, but it's Whitehouse for me.

Neal Eardley was simply outstanding yesterday so gets my vote.

Elliott Whitehouse's first touch let him down a bit but he was second in my opinion.

Wharton just grows and grows. Can we sign him up please?

Freck does a specific job well I believe and he will only improve.

The whole team was excellent yesterday although I thought Jesus had a below par performance by his own high standards; perhaps because it was Good Friday?

Eardley just from Whitehouse. Relentless supply into the box. Got forward we’ll with Woodyard and Bostwick.

Whitehouse had a good game but I've gon for Eardley, the talent that man has with the ball at his feet is sublime.
Sign him up quick for next season Danny.

Scrimp - 30/3/2018 18:36

Wharton gets my vote. He is so calm & confident with the ball whilst being a no nonsense defender. Would make a great signing if Blackburn were prepared to release him.
Signed a new 3 year deal the other week I think?

Eardley's consistency is showing the consistency and performance levels of Woodyard last season.

It's good to have two full backs who can consistently deliver good balls into the box as well rather than being over reliant down one side.

Luke Imp - 31/3/2018 17:10

Eardley's consistency is showing the consistency and performance levels of Woodyard last season.

It's good to have two full backs who can consistently deliver good balls into the box as well rather than being over reliant down one side.

It is and actually it makes me question whether we really need wingers. I think I'm in a minority but I'd like to see 4-3-3 more than 4-4-2

4-3-3, now settled, is bringing more goals than at any point this season- doesn't make it the perfect system and we don't get the best out of Green however we have started winning again.

Eardley just edged this vote- forward play opens up the wing options and his defending remains calm and considered.