Who is the most improved City player so far this season? | Vital Football

Who is the most improved City player so far this season?

Tudor

Vital Football Legend
The word ‘improved’ can cover a whole range of things and so it’s up to you how you define ‘improved’.

Please add your own player and say why he gets your vote.

I chose Raheem Sterling for a couple of reasons.

His attitude and temperament has improved 50% since Pep’s arrival. It’s as though we have a new summer signing. The lad has found the form he had pretty much all of the time when he was at Liverpool. A joy to watch.

Raheem, similar to everyone else at City is listening to every word Pep says and in doing so have found features in his game I bet he’d thought he’d lost. Room for improvement, yes but once he’s the finished article the boy will be a ‘world-beater’.

No contest IMO. He has taken on board Pep's guidance, has regained his confidence and playing to his strengths. Feel really pleased for the lad after the unjustified abuse and trolling he has had to put up with from all quarters.

You touched on the word 'confidence' Skoorb. Pep has certainly given Sterling plenty of that.

I would suggest Kolarov when playing centre back, Sterling we know can play well, and has just regained his confidence. Garcia has stepped up and shown he has the makings as the same could also be said of Maffeo. Naval looks a new player under this system but still needs to curb his instincts to stop and come inside.

I will have to think about this before making a final choice.

Buzz Lightyear - 12/11/2016 09:13

I will have to think about this before making a final choice.

I've made the poll multi-choice for the very reason you've given Buzz. I for one will be interested in what your thoughts are and why.

johnkelv - 12/11/2016 09:14

Joe has lifted the whole Torino team and they may even make a CL spot this season.

Joe has improved Torino
but has Joe improved Joe?

There's no doubt he is a better keeper than Torino's previous and the fans love him there, but from what I've seen, he's still making the same sort of mistakes he made when he was here.

I have [plumped for Willie caballero, last season every time he got in between the sticks we found ourselves saying Oh God Oh Know, Oh what a Big Willy.

We expected Willy to be in the taxi last Summer, he wasn't and it turned out to be JH1, but Willy grew a pair in the League Cup, I have no fears about Willy playing between the sticks and think his performance against Barcelona at the Etihad was excellent and you cannot fault the 4 goals he let in away and he did save a penalty.

Bravo has the seat, but I have that same feeling with CB this season that I used to have with Willy, but now Willy has my confidence because i think he has found his.

I have gone with Fernandinho. I feel he doesn't get noticed as much for the work he actually does.
Not as exciting watching the back lads as much as the forwards.
Sterling has certainly improved as has Kev and Big Willie has certainly stood up when he has been needed? :066:

Buzz Lightyear - 13/11/2016 22:01

OZi you have to add Fernandiho and then 'submit'
Yes mate and I thought I had.
Must have forgotten, now where have I heard that before? :002:

Ahh now I see. I didn't click on tick before I submitted.
All my life I've been quick to submit when I've been out with a click. :006: