WHO ARE YA? - Eastleigh FC (#3) | Vital Football

WHO ARE YA? - Eastleigh FC (#3)

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Thank you to Eastleigh FC Supporter Malcolm for answering these questions!

<b>Last Season's League Finish?</b>

Having reached the playoffs the previous season I think we would have expected at least the same, but a poor run of form in February including a defeat at Lincoln cost us. Great F A Cup run though.

<b>What Do You Think Of Your Manager?</b>

Ronnie Moore has only been at the club just over two months and has already won one manager of the month award. It is more difficult to say how we will perform in the longer term.

<b>Hopes/Expectations This Season?</b>

I think that promotion must be the aim and that is why I believe the managerial change was made so early in the season.

<b>One(s) To Watch?</b>

Luke Coulson - His good run of form has earned him a place in the England squad.

<b>Top Five Predictions?</b>

Five out of Eastleigh FC, Dagenham & Redbridge, Tranmere Rovers, Forest Green Rovers, Barrow AFC and Lincoln City. In no particular order.

<b>Bottom Four Predictions?</b>

Guiseley AFC, Southport FC, North Ferriby United and Braintree Town.

<b>Thoughts on Lincoln City?</b>

A sleeping giant who belong in the Football League. When they were unluckily relegated in the late 1980's they bounced back at the first attempt and have the potential to achieve promotion again.

<b>Score Prediction?</b>

Eastleigh are due a good result against a team managed by Danny Cowley (1 draw and 3 losses to date - Danny previously managed Concord and Braintree), but 1-1 seems a good shout.

<b>Random Fact About Your Club?</b>

Eastleigh football club was formed on the same day as George Best was born.

<b>What are your proudest and most embarrassing moments as an Eastleigh FC?</b>

The club has a good foundation and the person who founded the club in 1946 is currently our President and he has helped give people many happy memories over the years and he played an important part in how the club became a limited company which has been an important factor in our recent rise.

I have seen us be completely outplayed by bottom of the table Wessex League teams in my time with the club.

<b>Is there someone in the wings to fill the massive hole in your finances once the chairman realises he is better off at the club he actually supports Oxford?</b>

I am sure that Stewart will do his best to line someone up when that moment arrives, although he is clearly very passionate about the club. It will be hard though to find someone with his energy and generosity though.

<b>Do you have a Supporters Trust and what role do they play at the Club?</b>

The supporters organise social events, do sponsored events for charity, sponsor players, funded the pitch covers a gesture the owner reciprocated by signing two key players and organise a player of the month award.

<b>Where are you with your new ground redevelopment and is this the plan to be a self sustaining club?</b>

Planning permission has been granted and plans are afoot to complete the work, but every time I go to the ground further ground improvements have been made. I think that the facilities will be used by the community as a whole and that this will give the club a better chance of being sustainable in the longer term and that with the good business sense of our current directors we will continue to find better ways of serving our community and ensure that we continue to move forward as a club.

<b>Your Chairman wrote off nearly £5m of debt. What on earth have you spent £5m on?</b>

Whenever I attended the AGM our accounts showed we had sensibly balanced expenditure with income, but there has been a lot of money spent to get from being a mid-table Wessex League team to where we are now. Other than that I do not know.

<b>Even though he's written off the debt, is there something in place whereby he covers any outstanding contracts if he leaves?</b>

I am sure he would want to do so if he has not done so already.

<b>Which was your most favourite match involving Eastleigh FC?</b>

2-1 win at Bristol Rovers.

<b>Which was your least favourite match involving Eastleigh FC?</b>

5-1 loss at bottom of the table Horndean in Wessex League.

<a style='color:#DA2027' href='http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/sitepage.asp?a=465158' target='blank'><b>WHO ARE YA? - Eastleigh FC (#1)</b></a>

<a style='color:#DA2027' href='http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/sitepage.asp?a=465284' target='blank'><b>WHO ARE YA? - Eastleigh FC (#2)</b></a>

<a style='color:#DA2027' href='http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=465286' target='blank'><b>EASTLEIGH FC (H): Team News & Match Updates!</b></a>

<a style='color:#DA2027' href='http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/sitepage.asp?a=465298' target='blank'><b>EASTLEIGH FC (H): Form, Past Results & More!</b></a>