Whittingham Joins CRAWLEY - How odd ! | Vital Football

Whittingham Joins CRAWLEY - How odd !

Chix

Vital Champions League
<b>From The News</B>

Guy Whittingham has joined Crawley as first-team coach.

The former Pompey boss has made a quick return to the game after being sacked at Fratton Park at the end of last month.

And in a bizarre twist, he links up with the club his successor, Richie Barker, was sacked from two days after he left the Blues.

Whittingham joins another former Pompey boss, John Gregory, who now manages the League One outfit.

The Pompey hero operated under Gregory when he bought himself out of the army in 1989.

Whittingham said: ‘I’m delighted to be here working at such an ambitious and progressive football club.

‘One of the attractions was working with the gaffer again.

‘I guess I owe my professional career to him because he paid £450 to buy me out of the army all those years ago.

‘A lot has happened since then but I was keen to come in and work with John again.’

Had to chuckle at the irony of it all.

Good luck Guy. I'm sure you'll have a good coaching career - you're a really decent bloke.

Good

Glad to see Guy has got back on the horse so quickly....but you're right....how odd.

Good luck to him

Onwards and Upwards

PUP

The irony did make me smile and I hope he's still there should we meet Crawley in a few years ... He's bound to get a rapturous reception.... Although Gregory will probably think it is for him !

Yes, good luck to him. He had a good chance of finding a job with the number of managers that have been through Fratton.

Well at least the new mgmt team managed a point at Crawley ... The Guy Whittingham effect .. or just players who gives a toss .. you decide ?

Chix - 16/12/2013 11:30

The Guy Whittingham effect?

Do you mean their back 4 forgot each other's names & had no idea what to do when the ball came into the box??

Ok, ok. Slap wrist Tim. :76: