Where will we finish now Barker in place ? | Vital Football

Where will we finish now Barker in place ?

Chix

Vital Champions League
Ok .. we all had our own expectations at the start of the season and it's (probably) fair to say that most have fallen short lately.. but now with Ritchie Barker in place <b>have your expectation changed</b> .. either <b>lowered</b> (as a result of our recent poor form) or <b>heightened</b> as a result of the fact that there is time for Barker to put right Whittingham wrongs.

Post your original expectations below along with what you now expect from our season

I thought that we would have a decent run at the play-offs this season. Either making them, or missing out, but not by a lot.

Now, I think we have lost too much ground (clearly), but will optimistically think that the new pairing will be able to get this lot up to 10th by the end of the season & leave us in a good shape to have a run at it next season.

I still think most teams in this division are very poor & if we can tighten up at the back, then we'll do Ok.

I go along with Tim on this one, I'd be happy with a 10th place finish after the last few weeks.

my pre-season thoughts were anywhere from 5th to 10th!

You just never know though.......if this last few weeks were to count as our slump of the season (and all teams have them) we could go higher.

Its still very tight - no more losses this year and it could all be different!!

10th will do nicely though

PUP

I thought Barker's press conference went pretty well.

He comes across as confident & fairly intelligent. Augurs well for the future I think.

I know there is divided opinion, but frankly there would be with any man to be honest. The last few years have left us all very suspicious & quite right too. But I really don't think there is foul play here.

I hope that everyone now gets behind these guys & gives them a fair chance to show what they can do.

If they don't do it & in 12 months we're no further along, then Ok, fair enough, lets revisit. But I really hope they get a fair go at this with the full force of the Blue Army behind them.

Exciting times!!!

I'd settle for top half. Awfs pointed out the problem after the last game, our experienced League 2 players need to be able to play in front 15,000 people every other week. If Barker can sort that, we should move upwards.

Agree Welly (& Tim) top half is probably a must beyond that who knows but I'd settle for missing the play-offs if we have a strong platform for next season.. Rome wasn't built in a day .. but on day one some bricks were laid ..

Expectations were midtable, top 10ish when the season kicked-off - I genuinely think that we would have done well to finish much above roughly where we are now under GW had he stayed but think that finishing where I had hoped is still possible.

Hit the ground running, finish the year with a bang and who knows what 2014 could still bring...

Still, like I say will be content with about 10th and think thats possible.

mslorna48 - 10/12/2013 16:00

Comfortably in the top half, then Champions next season. :84: :110: :110:

I must get my eyes tested .. I read that as ...

Comfortably in the top half, then Champions <b>League </B>next season :59:

I think Richie Barker might resign given those expectations :68: