Where does the saying come from. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Where does the saying come from.

Not wishing to disrespect your beliefs but I prefer an evolutionary explanation I had a quick google and the following is an alternative view

The chicken's origins lie in a group of dinosaurs called the theropods, which evolved into two categories some 230 million years ago: the Ceratosauria and the Tetanurae. The Ceratosauria then split again into the ceratosaurids and the coelophysoids. The latter eventually resulted in the genetic line that produced the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Can you imagine a the size of a T-Rex fried egg !
Regardless of weather you talk about Chickens or Tyrannosaurus rex do you start with a full grown Rex or a baby rex.It is the same fact.You can't have a baby without a adult and you can't have a adult without a baby.

Regardless of weather you talk about Chickens or Tyrannosaurus rex do you start with a full grown Rex or a baby rex.It is the same fact.You can't have a baby without a adult and you can't have a adult without a baby.

That's changing the question though. Certainly the first chicken's egg was laid by someone -just not a chicken.

Belly-up was a term used in the navy many years ago (before the RAF existed)
it referred to fish going belly up when dying. The term was used to describe things that go wrong, over the years it was adopted to describe companies going out of business during the great depression in America.

Speaking of naval greetings -once in awhile my father used to come out with
"How's your bottom for spots?"

If you're going for reducing the room to an uneasy silence, that does it every time.

That sounds believable about tits up being something to do with aircraft.

A Cock and Bull story?
A farmyard fantasy perhaps?

What a" load of cobblers" has always intrigued me being a ex shoe salesman.

I've never heard the saying " Farmyard fantasy". No idea what this means.

Maybe bestiality?

I've never heard the saying " Farmyard fantasy". No idea what this means.

Maybe bestiality?
There is no staying that I am aware of "farmyard fantasy"but I am sure there are stories and tales in farming communities that have been handed down that still do the rounds in farming areas today.

There is no staying that I am aware of "farmyard fantasy"but I am sure there are stories and tales in farming communities that have been handed down that still do the rounds in farming areas today.

'He couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo!'

A quote heard often at Priestfield, that has farming connections?