Where Are Our Wembley Heroes? | Vital Football

Where Are Our Wembley Heroes?

If David Ball hadn't missed that penalty, or Caolan Lavery had put that goalscoring chance away, they might be Millers legends today. Lavery later had a reasonable career in L2, despite fairly long previous spells with both Sheffield clubs! Slightly surprised by the downturn in Richie Towell's career - although that may have been caused by injuries (?). Marek Rodak could be in the Slovakia team that is playing later today.

Last edited:
I hadn't realised that Richie had moved back to Ireland at the end of the season - he was obviously tempted by the big bucks I believe were offered to anyone who joined Salford when he left Rotherham. Always thought Marek would do well although he's hardly featured for Fulham this season.

Jon Taylor missed a lot of sitters in his time with us, but at least DID score some goals (spectacular shot at Portsmouth comes to mind!). Our wingers signed since his departure have all been worse than him, and we should have re-signed him when he changed his mind about leaving. Turned out to be a bad mistake, and he may have done just about enough to keep us up last season. He has done ok at Donny - 53 appearances, 10 goals in L1. He will probably score against us next season, especially if we still haven't got a fit left back. :confused:

Last edited:
I always liked Jon Taylor for his scurrying around an opposition player who had the ball but he was very hit and miss.