When is deadline not a deadline? | Page 3 | Vital Football

When is deadline not a deadline?

Fair enough Phil its all about opinions but the fact the EFL have given Bolton two weeks to prove they are financially viable a day after the administrator says they will start liquidation shutdown tomorrow as there is no money for Friday payday really flies in the face of all logic!
Let's see if the admin liquidate the cheating bastards tomorrow. Bent as a bloody boomerang the whole fiasco.

Exactly what we said would happen has happened! Bury went bust and Bolton were let off and given another chance. Football is killing itself. Player wages, ridiculous transfer fees, overcharging fans (£30 at Hull!) and people taking money out of clubs is killing the game.
I do worry about us though if we were to get relegated. Our saving grace is that we’ve got some players who would sell for a decent price. Let’s just hope we don’t ever end up in a situation like that.

If liquidation is started tomorrow by the administors, then the EFL haven't been the ones to have started that, the blame lies predominantly with the club. They can then walk away with their heads held high in not expelling a founder member of the FL. When Bury's penalty was announced on SSN this evening the fans backlashed by chanting 'Fuck the EFL'. Now imagine that the EFL wanna avoid that with Bolton fans, and like I said in an earlier post, let the liquidators do it. Hence the reason for the current situation.

The money being paid to players wages and on transfer fees is the biggest problem. Clubs are overspending more and more each year. I’m good mates with a couple of lads who’ve both played over 200 games in the football league. One is a free agent at the moment and the other is playing non-league. At one stage one of them was earning over 10k a week in in the Championship and wasn’t playing. The other lad was playing every week in league 2 for £500 a week. Some sort of salary cap/budget plan needs to be put in place for clubs before more go the same way as Bury. I remember thinking they’d be one of the biggest threats to us getting promotion from league 1 couple of years ago when they splashed out and signed Beckford and a few others. How wrong I was.

The money being paid to players wages and on transfer fees is the biggest problem. Clubs are overspending more and more each year. I’m good mates with a couple of lads who’ve both played over 200 games in the football league. One is a free agent at the moment and the other is playing non-league. At one stage one of them was earning over 10k a week in in the Championship and wasn’t playing. The other lad was playing every week in league 2 for £500 a week. Some sort of salary cap/budget plan needs to be put in place for clubs before more go the same way as Bury. I remember thinking they’d be one of the biggest threats to us getting promotion from league 1 couple of years ago when they splashed out and signed Beckford and a few others. How wrong I was.

Competition with the European leagues (RM, BM, PSG, AC and Barcelona etc) and Rupert Murdoch's megalomania will ensure that doesn't happen.

It might work on a lower leagues level, but we've already got something similar in place, FFP. Which works fairly well.