What Webber says | Vital Football

What Webber says

yellow belly

Vital Football Legend
‘If you don’t like it , you can always find something else to do on a Saturday afternoon’

Will do Mr Arrogant ….in fact I’m already doing it with fun filled spectacular afternoons at Stock Car Racing :wave:

Sorry I posted it all on the Webber out thread. Could admin move it here, or anything like that?

A selection of Webbers opinions of us fans

‘You’re 21 years old living in some fantasy’

’ You are cowards shouting from 30 yards away ‘

’ You are some uneducated fool’

’ Divorcees living in a snake pit’

If that’s Webbers opinion of me and other fans then I will never go to Carrow Road again until this unpleasant man is removed

FCB Thread moved at his request.

Part 1

Asked first question from Ink Un:

Why such a difference from the objective of promotion to the outcome 13th and Finishing with a whimper?

We failed this season - no one is hiding from that. We were in the playoffs up until WBA. We haven't had the worst season in this club's history. No point dwelling on it - let's look forward.

Ink Un - we need to reflect on what went wrong?

I congratulated the staff and players on creating the exception that the fans have on us. I and the staff have made this club bigger than it was when I Started. We spent over 100 days in top 6 this season and we were still not happy with 5th.

Why was it such a struggle at Carrow Road this season when it has been a hard place to come in the championship before?

We haven't done well this season at home. We know this. It will never be and has never been a place like Hillsborough last night. I've never seen Carrow Road like that in my time. Carrow Road is not a caldron and opposition players/fan have never been worried about coming here...ever. Brining in a drum does nothing and clubs aren't scared of that. We need to find different ways of making it a harder place for clubs to come and that is on us. We can't rely on the fans to do that. It is not the fans fault it is an easy place to come. That is on us. The fans never win us the game. We didn't go and beat Swansea because there were like 500 Norwich fans in the ground...no that was down to us winning it. The season ticket sales show that people want to come here and see good football. I am sure that if you weren't happy with it then you surely can find something better to do on the weekend than watch Norwich. It shows the fans are behind us.

What is a Norwich team about? The DNA seems to have gone. Do you understand why some fans ask the question about what is this clubs style?

Yes and no. I think some fans opinions are unfair especially if we come away from a game with 28 shots at goal and fans say we are not attacking come on now. it is an uneducated argument and you guys (media) love jumping on the 'we have no style'. We have played like a pathetic bunch and yet win and fans love it. We just ignore it and hopefully the fans will enjoy it but hey we won't impress everyone. There is a large age difference here. We needed to be more premier league strong and that is what Dean did. This season we were stuck in what are we trying to do, but this season we are clear on how we want to play. The great thing about us finding out what is happening for next season is that we have 6/7 weeks to totally plan what we are doing, the players coming and going, the preseason, players all in and ready.

You lost here to Boro and the international break came. Why didn't you move DS on then? You were 5th and 6 points off top two, but looked to be waining. Was there any thoughts on removing Dean then to get someone in over break?

No. Never. Not at all.

Okay, so that brings us onto DW. 5 wins in his first 7, but then only 1 in his last 11 games. That is a marked decline. Is this down to injuries to first team players Mclean, Hanley and Gibson and if so is that down to weakness in squad?

Look, you missed out Dowell who was a key player. Look no club can lose four massive players like that and be okay. Liverpool lost players and struggled. Fans think they are playing Football Manager and these fans are living on a computer game. We can't afford a big squad. You know what 1000k a week wage gets us --- a Kings Lynn player.

Let me take you back to an interview you did with the training ground guru (he said something about he won't go to watch football that he doesn't want to watch). Going by your statement have you failed and not achieved what you wanted?

Yes. Absolutely. People in my role don't come out and speak to media. You will see this when I am gone and the new person comes in and you'll be asking please can I talk to... and you'll get a no and you'll then think well at least Stuart used to talk to us and was honest. But I am not going to sit here and ignore the fact we have improved from where we were. Of course we wanted to stay in the premiership, but it takes huge investment to do that. Look at Southampton they have 3 points more than we did last season and they have spent over £143 million net. Look at us our record signing is still Time Close I am mean come on. People mention Brentford and Brighton and say look at them how come we aren't like them. listen Brentford has over £150 million thrown in over the last three years, and Brighton owner has invested over £700 million. People need to see that we have to do what we can with this backdrop. People need to see we were so very close this season. Only 6 points off the playoffs.

Is the academy pipeline still as strong in your eyes and is the plan to still bring youth players through to the 1st team?

It is stronger than ever. We turned down a massive offer for Omobamidele in January that was a lot larger than what we sole Godfrey for. We have Gibbs, Rowe, Kamara and then Hills and Warner are going to be close to the first team next season. It is as strong as ever. The training centre is amazing compared to what it was. We have the best clubs from around the world who come and scout/look at at our youngsters and the academy setup. we have more international youngsters in our youth setup than ever before. It is outstanding.

There was this banging sound to which PD said that isn't Dean Smith trying to get in is it? Webber said I think it is Nelson Oliveira.

What do you say to people who say the squad has come full circle and we are back where we were when you started in that the squad needs a lot of surgery to be top 6 worthy?

Yeah. We have come to an era and I can see why people say that. Losing McGovern, Byram, Pukki, and Krul losing his starting status and not being seen as a really important starting player. One of my regrets now is that we should have done more of this last summer and added a freshness to the squad then. We maybe should have moved on players who had been beaten up by relegations before and added players who were fresh and had the energy to do this for the first time with us. The Barnes signing is one of those types and we will go for a few more of the same ilk of Barnes. The reason we signed him was because of his experience. We have lost so much experience and leaders. Hanley out, Pukki gone, Byram gone, McGovern Gone, etc. We have so many young players who need the help of older heads like Barnes. Barnes will be able to help Idah and Josh upfront next season. Barnes is much like Rhodes to help younger guys. Our model is and will always be sign young players for not a big amount, train them, build them up, then sell for bigger money and then go again.

Part 2:

So you will sell this summer and you have to. Are you at currently that you will sell but on our terms?

Yes, we will not have a gun against our head. Rashica will be sold he doesn't want to come back back. But the fee might not be spent on new players it might be spent on facilities, wages or maybe a young players fee, or maybe keep it for the following season. The key is that we don't need to sell, but there are some players who want to leave. Emily is an example we didn't need to sell but he want to go.

Is Max Aarons leaving?

Listen Max is one of our own and I have a strong relationship with him. I remember having to bollock him as a young 17 year old in my office but also having to help him through a really tough time when he lost someone very close to him. I think Fans don't see players as human but they are and it's not as straight forward as sell/buy. Max needs to go. He has outgrown us. We can't do anything for him anymore. He has to leave us. Same with Todd he needed to leave sooner but COVID didn't help. Max can stay but the club wants him to move to achieve more. But if we lost him for nothing in summer that is fine too as we got a lot from him.

Do we still have a sell on fee for Maddison? and I bet you'll be happy if he moves?

Yes. That is still there. and it depends on how much he goes for as to how much we will get.

Are you looking at the South American market again?

Yes, it has worked well for us. We are building a big infrastructure there. listen the interest we are currently getting for Sara is big really big from top clubs. They have realised that he is a top top player. I am very sure we will keep him but it will tough as the interest is constant. Nunez second season will be very exciting. Expect more South American players to come in. Big thanks to Dean Smith too because he was 100% behind the them coming in and he could have said I want experienced championship players or British players, but he was happy to go with it. We have lots of interest about the club from South America and even Portugal and this link could open up links with top European clubs.

Will Attenasio be investing any money this window?

Nope. The thing Mark's involvement has added is a massive data unit at the training ground. It's all about sharing their data with us and our medical department with them. Fair play to Michael for selling his shares he did it for the club and not himself as he could have sold them for a lot more money to someone else, but he did it because Mark fits the Norwich way and happy to go step by step with Michael and Delia on this journey. His values fit the club and Delia's that is what was they wanted more than anything. It isn't about big cheques. It is about learnings, sharing nutrition advice, medical advice etc. I think that Mark will be massive for the club going forward. He knows little about football and wants to take his time. He still doesn't get the whole thing around buy players and why you need to. In baseball they just swap them not massive money involved.

Is The self funded model going to stay under Mark?

Yes. Mark doesn't want to write cheques he loves how it is run and would keep it that way.

There are limitations to that though. Don't you want it to change? You said that the toughest thing is that we get it wrong in one season and the club goes bust and doesn't exist so under that context can we keep going on like that?

It is about what the club stands for in the community. This club is unique that there is no other club to support here. No owner will come in and invest if they can't see them getting massive invest back in the future. Only a massively rich Norwich fan who dreams of Norwich will give us billions to spend. People think there are these billionaires coming to buy us. There isn't. Delia has said no one has come to her to buy it in over 30 years. not one bit of interest. In the meantime we have to help this club. We need to get the club ready for when a big owner comes in so an investor doesn't need to splash cash on the academy, training ground and community links and think over 50 million saved there as I don't need to spend on that. They would need to spend on Carrow Road to improve the stadium. We are slowly building a brilliant setup that a new owner would be like wow I like this. We need to keep trying to win and get back to the top league. We have done that twice in my time and failed miserably but we need to get back there. Everything isn't bad. We had an FA Cup quarter finals, two cups in the cabinet.

Do you still feel you have unfinished business here? Is your main aim to get us established as a prep club?

No. There will be someone new in this chair soon. The day is coming when I'll be gone. Six years is a long time. I have worked tirelessly. I have been a human shield for this club. It has all been about club, club, club. I could have left to bigger better clubs. I have never stopped. I have been on holiday and at funerals and still taking calls.

Like Reply
Select for moderation Report Edit Delete Warn

[IMG]https://forums-cdn.vitalfootball.co.uk/data/avatars/m/14/14011.jpg?1523351283[/IMG]
FCBEARS
Vital Football Legend
Friday at 4:09 PM

What do you say to the fans who voiced their concerns and thoughts about you? Is it that it is more of the same, or that things are going to get better?

I am not going to promise anything. I understand the frustrations. Keep aiming them at me but get behind our players, please get behind them. Every player has been so down and need pick up from us next season. Aim your annoyances at me I can take it. Some can't be I can cope with the noises. I'd never let anyone change my mental health. Give the players and DW a chance. If they let you down then fine not a problem. Let's draw a line under the last two frustrating seasons. I can deal with the comments in fact they make me laugh as they have no context and couldn't do my job. Let's not create an atmosphere where we lose fans of the future. Cheering when we get a shot or swearing just stop it could mean we lose future fans. I am asking on behalf of the players to give us a chance. Our target is promotion and we can do it. let create a positive place. The signings coming will get the positive vibes over the summer. Michael Bailey maybe makes money when we are doing badly but so what we need positive and everyone behind us.

Have the last 12 months meant you'd just quit?

Nope. There is a difference between criticism and abuse. I get criticised as we deserve that like why did we spend big money on Passlack when we had Aarons. but I don't agree with abuse. Like Darren Moore getting racial abuse its wrong but the media BBC made mention of it all week. Even I get it I am JUST a white guy I get it a lot it is but not mentioned it might be that media don't want to report a white guy getting it but if that is the case it is wrong. A women gets abused online and it's everywhere, a black guy gets it and its everywhere, but a white man gets it and its not important enough to mention it - that is wrong. No one should get abused. I have done so much for this club and I don't deserve abuse. My friends say. you can't say that as it might be seen as wrong, but no I feel strongly about it it is wrong and I will speak up. No matter your gender/colour abuse is wrong. I spoke to the Police after the abuse I got from fans during the premiership season and the police didn't do anything - I asked them if I went over to Morrisons and abused the manager over there like I've been abused would you arrest me and they said oh yes mate you'd be straight in a cell, that isn't right. Just because I am in football I deserve that, but anyone gives me abuse again like that I will go back at them. I wouldn't walk away from cowards I'd go back at them. I was bullied at school but taught how to defend myself and I will do that if some coward wants to shout abouse at me and my son from 30 yards away. Some of the abuse the fans give to our players has been awful.