What The Forest Fans Said | Vital Football

What The Forest Fans Said

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
Pretty much our strongest possible lineup during AFCON, assuming Elanga is injured

No excuses we should win with this line up - the last thing we need is a replay - looking forward to this

Stroll in the park this... 5 nil.
Screenshot_20240107_181256_Samsung Internet.jpg
2nd Pool goal goes in...
Screenshot_20240107_181424_Samsung Internet.jpg
f***ing Blackpool man.
f***ing Blackpool.
f*** off Blackpool you fucks
This is f***ing embarrassing
Deja Vu all over again…

That’s an embarrassing goal to concede.

I’m so sick of losing to Blackpool, it feels like that’s been the one constant in my years following Forest.

And now Blackpool are singing that f*cking Scouse song. What a wonderful afternoon this has been so far.
Getting flashbacks of the playoff semi final here.
The whole team thought they just needed to turn up to win and look like they were partying until 3 or 4 this morning.
Blackpool don't look special but are 2 up already

They score
Come on now lets take these f***er to the cleaners

They have beaten us in too many important games in the past.
As long as we come out in the second half like we have the past 10 minutes we will win this.

They are dog, they have had 2 chances and scored them both.
Keep the faith
Give it 20 minutes and we'll have turned this around and be out of sight.
Blackpool with Jordan Rhodes?
They defo are going to score another goal against us.
This Dembele is a bit useful
Demsmelle is really quick though, and not even remotely tall so he's hard to knock off the ball... That's a few times we've had to trip him to stop him now.
They score a 2nd
Pick. That. One. Out. You. Orange. Bastards.
Ok - no keeper in the world would have stopped that - truly excellent

Grimmy Save
What a save
Damn, great save.
That’s disgraceful from Connolly … Red in my book
We're heading to the seaside for a replay
A draw is probably worse than a defeat. I’m sure no-one wants to go to Blackpool for a replay, especially when we’re 6 players short. Especially at this time of year.
That was pretty rubbish overall. Should not be happy with being held at home by a League One side.
Plenty of quality in that side and we still couldn't get past the unstoppable force of the mighty Blackpool
And now we have an extra game to play with a depleted squad
Sigh
Reality check, not the worst time for one of those, we will stuff them in the replay and a few players will get game time.
Am bookin the Blackpool digs.
Lovely place, let's gerron the piss.
I'm not. Blackpool's a shithole.
Best wishes to anyone trying to do Dry January.

Disappointing that Blackpool didn't have to work that hard to get a result. Even in second half with 30 minutes left we weren't getting at them on the regular.

Two things to takeaway from the game:
1) Stay grounded even after the two recent wins.
2) Buy that Dembele kid.

That is my accumulator killed stone dead.

Reflections on the game. I think Critchley did a job on us by allowing us so much of the ball and sitting so far back. I suspect Nuno expected much more press from them, and when they denied as the space in between their midfield and defence, we didn’t really have an answer so ended up, just knocking around the ball across the defence for 20 minutes until they got a goal, and then open themselves up.

Against a very poor side a chance to keep the feel good factor going and give the players a rest ahead of a big Brentford game wasted.

The lazy f***ers deserve a trip to turdtown Blackpool after that first 30 minutes

Credit to Blackpool as well for sticking to their targets. It was nice to see the lads out early doing 5 yard pass and move triangles which are essential against defensive teams.

Fair play to Blackpool, they took the gifts well enough and got a well earned replay.

Last edited: