What happened to the supposed press conference to announce signing of Ex Northampton African player? | Page 2 | Vital Football

What happened to the supposed press conference to announce signing of Ex Northampton African player?

Calm down people. The only reason why he hasn't been announced is because he is on international duty, it will be announced when he gets back. Also there is also meant to be a few more medicals due in the next few days. One who will be announced either tonight or tomorrow morning, think it has already been said on here.

RazorC - You really are putting two and two together and making 5 here.

Arsenal in the premier league and have very different pre-season schedules. The bloke will be joining them when their pre-season training starts. Their pre-season starts in July because:

1) The premier league season finished on the 21st May and our season finished on 30th April.
2) Their full season (FA Cup) didn't finish until the 27th May (a month after ours).
3) The majority of their players have also been on international duty since the season ended (still on international duty at the moment)
4) Their proper season doesn?t start until a week after ours too.

Your knowledge of football manager is admirable, I wish I still had the time to play - but it?s simply not always the real world. Your assumption is a huge leap in logic from the actual facts. And anyway, you are muddling the 3 different aspects of Official Contract Ending, Pre-season Training and actually announcing a deal.

Aside from the legalities of when the contract actually ends and when the club starts paying for them, or can register them formally, or even when they can start pre-season training and are suitably insured, the key fact is that as per the bosman rules, players can agree a pre-contract with another club for a free transfer if the players' contract with their existing club has six months or less remaining,. There is absolutely no reason why this could not be published as and when the agreement is made. It's not up to the club he's leaving - they have no say. Just to be sure, a pre-contract is just as legally binding too ? so it?s nothing to do with that either. Of course for actual transfers between clubs, Nick GFC has been on here before and said that the way it works is that there is usually an agreement as to when it?s published by both clubs. But that?s for proper transfers, not the end of contract. Also it?s worth adding that Northampton have already released a press note that his contract is not being renewed (due to the international issues).

A more sensible assumption to make that doesn?t rely upon a huge leap of logic would be the simple fact that the international clearance (work permit) is taking a few days, we are waiting for him to return from International Duty, or that we are simply waiting for a couple of other signings to get over the line to announce a few at the same time.

But we need a drip feed of signings not one bloody great dose. Keeps the pre-season excitement going. After perhaps a block announcement of 2/3 signings and the day or so of comment we will be looking for another fix?

I doubt Zakuani has to deal with a work permit seeing as he's lived in England almost his whole life, he most likely has citizenship

You're probably right in that the former club has no say, I've given that way too much thought, but not enough at the same time

He's probably just away on international duty

alphabet_king - 6/6/2017 16:31

RazorC - You really are putting two and two together and making 5 here.

Arsenal in the premier league and have very different pre-season schedules. The bloke will be joining them when their pre-season training starts. Their pre-season starts in July because:

1) The premier league season finished on the 21st May and our season finished on 30th April.
2) Their full season (FA Cup) didn't finish until the 27th May (a month after ours).
3) The majority of their players have also been on international duty since the season ended (still on international duty at the moment)
4) Their proper season doesn?t start until a week after ours too.

Your knowledge of football manager is admirable, I wish I still had the time to play - but it?s simply not always the real world. Your assumption is a huge leap in logic from the actual facts. And anyway, you are muddling the 3 different aspects of Official Contract Ending, Pre-season Training and actually announcing a deal.

Aside from the legalities of when the contract actually ends and when the club starts paying for them, or can register them formally, or even when they can start pre-season training and are suitably insured, the key fact is that as per the bosman rules, players can agree a pre-contract with another club for a free transfer if the players' contract with their existing club has six months or less remaining,. There is absolutely no reason why this could not be published as and when the agreement is made. It's not up to the club he's leaving - they have no say. Just to be sure, a pre-contract is just as legally binding too ? so it?s nothing to do with that either. Of course for actual transfers between clubs, Nick GFC has been on here before and said that the way it works is that there is usually an agreement as to when it?s published by both clubs. But that?s for proper transfers, not the end of contract. Also it?s worth adding that Northampton have already released a press note that his contract is not being renewed (due to the international issues).

A more sensible assumption to make that doesn?t rely upon a huge leap of logic would be the simple fact that the international clearance (work permit) is taking a few days, we are waiting for him to return from International Duty, or that we are simply waiting for a couple of other signings to get over the line to announce a few at the same time.

So, just to get this straight then, it's not because of his contract running until the end of June? :5:

Razorpound - 6/6/2017 22:54

So how does any serious connection with Gillingham come from?

Think there was a photo of him signing his contract and it was supposedly in GFC offices (MEM's advert in the background?).

I remember that from earlier in the thread Baz, but nobody posted a link and I can't discover it anywhere, which is why I suggested earlier that it might be the photo of Bondz N'Gala which Kent Messenger has used to accompany his move to Dagenham. Yes, I know the two don't look anything like each other, but I don't see anything concrete to substantiate what is otherwise a rumour.

alphabet_king - 6/6/2017 16:31

the key fact is that as per the bosman rules, players can agree a pre-contract with another club for a free transfer if the players' contract with their existing club has six months or less remaining,.

There is absolutely no reason why this could not be published as and when the agreement is made.

Clarification: A player can only agree a Bosman if there is six months of his contract remaining if the new club is in a different country. In this case, as the player will move from one league one club to another, the 6 month clause isn't valid. A player is only allowed to sign a pre-contract once the domestic season is over if he plans to join another domestic club. This is to prevent a potential conflict of interest if his current team is still scheduled to play his potential new club.

And while there is absolutely no reason why any agreement could not be published, there is no reason why the agreement has to be immediately announced either.

RazorC - 6/6/2017 16:51

I doubt Zakuani has to deal with a work permit seeing as he's lived in England almost his whole life, he most likely has citizenship

Not necessarily - Congolese citizenship rules forbids dual citizenship and I am guessing here (so not 100% certain) that he would need a Congolese passport in order to play for his country.

John_Knee - 7/6/2017 08:27

RazorC - 6/6/2017 16:51

Congolese citizenship rules forbids dual citizenship

:19: we'll I did not know that

Razorpound - 07 June 2017 07:54

I remember that from earlier in the thread Baz, but nobody posted a link and I can't discover it anywhere.

I saw it earlier in the week on Zakuani's Twitter feed, as a Snapchat pic I think. I had a look for it again yesterday to confirm what's written here re: MEMS but couldn't find it.

I'd say it's gone for now - whether that's under club instruction, his own personal preference or Snapchat image expiration, I've no idea.

"Not necessarily - Congolese citizenship rules forbids dual citizenship and I am guessing here (so not 100% certain) that he would need a Congolese passport in order to play for his country."

It never ceases to amaze me at the depth of knowledge many posters on this site and this is not a tongue in cheek comment from me but genuine admiration.

We have a colleague who knows about Congolese citizenship rules. Very impressive.

Cripes ME2 Blue! I didn't realise that all posters on here are thickos relying on something called Google to impart knowledge. Can you get transfer activity rumours also on Google?

Here's the Zakuani image that's been doing the rounds. The right of the image has a sheet of paper which has a crest at the top, which could be ours. The MHS logo mentioned is on one of the chairs in the background, but it's too blurry to tell.

There's a strong chance it is here, but until it's confirmed then there's no point in worrying about it. He's out playing for Congo at the moment, but he's definitely signed a contract somewhere.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 12.42.07.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 12.42.07.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 0