We're another man down. | Vital Football

We're another man down.

hindleymonwafc

Vital Champions League
Whilst on our daily mooch we came across a sight today...going up the canal near Kirkless pub and glancing to the left there must have been a crowd of over 100 all wearing Latics tops. As I had mine on I couldn't pass so went down just in time to see a horse drawn carriage with a Latics flag draped over the coffin.

Got talking to a lady who told us the detail. His name was Gareth Jones, known as Digs and was only 38. Proper Top Locker she said. Laticsmon. They played I'm a Believer over a tannoy and everybody clapped along. It then set off to Ince Crem with everybody walking behind, we carried on with our walk.

I never knew the lad but he was obviously well liked.

God Bless mate.

Latics till I die.

Last edited:
Whilst on our daily mooch we came across a sight today...going up the canal near Kirkless pub and glancing to the left there must have been a crowd of over 100 all wearing Latics tops. As I had mine on I couldn't pass so went down just in time to see a horse drawn carriage with a Latics flag draped over the coffin.

Got talking to a lady who told us the detail. His name was Gareth Jones, known as Digs and was only 38. Proper Top Locker she said. Laticsmon. They played I'm a Believer over a tannoy and everybody clapped along. It then set off to Ince Crem with everybody walking behind, we carried on with our walk.

God Bless mate.

Latics till I die.
What a bloody shame. RIP young man.

Very sad! Didn't know the lad but sounds like a real Tic! RIP Young man!!

God Bless mate.

Latics till I die.
God bless young un 🙏 up the tics