We reckon we know better so what would you do if you were in charge ? | Vital Football

We reckon we know better so what would you do if you were in charge ?

AMac

Vital Squad Member
From my personal perspective

1. Sack the entire coaching staff at NUFC and bring in Marcus Keane from De Toekomst (the Ajax academy) and give him the opportunity to replicate what they do in Amsterdam.

"In Amsterdam, we take players in under the age of 10, and if they're very good they make it to the first team when they're 17 or 18. If you can do that in Amsterdam, you could do it elsewhere, too."

2. Install a manager, at first team level, who can work within the Academy system boundaries and who'll bring in the right people to help defensively and offensively. Heynckes as an older wiser head or Laudrup as a younger option.

3. Market the club effectively. Attract Fortune 500 or Times Top 100 companies to sponsor the team and develop the brand worldwide.

I could go on............................

SIMPLE

success on the pitch brings everything you stated and without exciting attacking football all else is a sham.

I would keep Graham Carr and sack the rest, all of them.

Hire a decent manager who wished to pay attacking attractive football.

Give him a decent budget, all of the TV money for a start. There's £60m right there.

Get a fans committee involved with the club.

Take a full allocation for away trips and encourage supporters to attend difficult midweek and awkward kick off times by providing free transport to the games.

Encourage attendance at FA Cup games by ensuring that those who attend 3rd round games have first dibs on tickets for the 4th round. This system to apply all the way to the final, season ticket holders would have no priority. Those that attend at the start should have the chance of seeing the final.

Begin extending the stadium, we're going to need it.

blartSimpson - 18/6/2013 19:21

Graham Carr is a must keep, wonder what he thinks of Joe Kinnear

After his (JoeKs) insane ramblings about football knowledge & intelligence probably the same as the rest of us.

Could anyone listen to Kinnears ramblings last night and think he is a) Going to be good for NUFC and b) not think he is insane.

I'd give the manager a budget similar to Citeh and buy all the players Tino has scouted on football manager