We Are Just Asking For Consistency | Vital Football

We Are Just Asking For Consistency

Great write up Caz and I'm in total agreement with everything you've said in your article. As far as consistency goes, I think the refereeing IS consistent, because it's consistently rubbish. Every now and again we'll see a good performance from the referee and that's when you hardly notice him because he's let the game flow. Sadly these referees are few and far between and instead of the standards getting better, as one would expect, they seem to be getting worse. I can sympathise with the officials these days because it's a thankless task they've taken on but I'm sorry to say that a lot of them seem to be lacking any common sense. And as for the linesmen (yes I'm old school too Caz, ha-ha), well what can you say about them?
Most of 'em seem devoid of making a right decision, and these are the referees of the future. Lord help us. We need some changes making in the game, and get rid of some of the recent changes that have been introduced and let's get back to playing football without all the stoppages for petty fouls and players trying their hardest to "con" the referee. We also need some referees to grow a backbone too because we've seen quite a few scared to make a decision, especially when the incident is in the penalty area, yet if the same sort of incident takes place anywhere else on the pitch they're only too happy to blow their whistles.
Rant over, for the time being, ha-ha.

Ha-ha, and here we go again.
I've just heard on Sky Tv that the F.A. are going to introduce a "tolerance" rule when it comes to the offside ruling. So by that I'm guessing that they're not going to rule a goal out if a player's toe, hand, finger etc is further forward than the defender. A little bit of common sense I suppose, but why don't they just admit that they've made a cock up and just get rid of V.A.R. altogether, or just use it for whether the ball has crossed the line or not. Time will tell.

I think VAR could work if it was used correctly - if works in other sports doesn't it.
Why don't they just put the off-side rule back to how it was. If a player isn't going for a ball he's still on the pitch and taking opposing defenders with him. He can also end up scoring because if a defender thinks that player is off-side and leaves him he is then played on-side - now I've confused myself! :help:

I bet the Chelsea fans are saying the same after last nights game on Sky!

Couldn‘t believe Maguire ( who in my opinion is overrated!) got away with that deliberate kick out - should have been a straight red. Then the Chelsea goal disallowed for a push although that player was trying to regain his balance having been pushed himself Lots of “trips” by the united players. Their constant niggly fouls (not picked up by the ref) had me shouting at the tv!