Warne Disappointed With First Half But Pleased To Win | Vital Football

Warne Disappointed With First Half But Pleased To Win

The conditions were terrible and I was thinking at the start that it was going to be a scruffy game because of the swirling wind, and so it proved.
Well Warney didn't think that we deserved the win? well I certainly did. We dominated things all over the pitch and the battling performance deserved one or two more goals. It certainly wasn't pretty to watch with the ball spending much of the time in the air, and the players not knowing where it was going to land, but the players got used to it by the start of the second half and started to play with the ball on the floor a lot more than they had in the first half. It still wasn't "text book" stuff but they did their best in difficult conditions and I thought we bettered Stanley all over the pitch, but we still had many passes go astray nevertheless. I think we all gave out a big sigh of relief when we scored in the 91st minute, especially for those who knew that Coventry were winning, but there were still another five minutes to play (where did the ref get six minutes from?), but we held out this time and it felt good when the whistle was blown because we knew that we were still top of the league. And it's still in our own hands. We can now go down to Birmingham full of confidence. U.T.M.

We were much better in the second half Nez. We thought we would be as we would have the wind going for us BUT the wind flippin' dropped! Just like someone had switched it off!

I thought in the first half we were a little naive with the weather - still trying to kick goal kicks up in the air when they were getting as far as the half-way line then swirling back towards our goal. And the same with our free-kicks.

Still, as you say, three points and it's in our own hands now.