Walker gone! | Page 14 | Vital Football

Walker gone!

I don't think he'll get a lot of game time, but he will be in and around the squad pushing promotion/playoffs from the Championship which is understandably more exciting than what he'll get here....a midtable finish and a squad rebuilding that he knows he won't be a part of.
It sounds to me like Peterborough are making room for a big signing today. Could be Walker.

Going to be very interesting to see how Tyler gets on at Forrest. Possibly the best finisher I have seen in 30 years. However, is he good enough for top end championship. For me his hold up play, strength / aerial ability (outside of the box) isn’t as good and games can pass him by. Will be an interested observer.
Walker's a good player no doubt, but for me still a long way from the best loanee and striker I'd rate in my 30 years watching the Imps... Davide Somma.

Wish there was a showreel of his Lincoln goals on YouTube somewhere... that lad could do everything... strong, decent in the air, pace, great technique, a poacher in the box and lethal anywhere near the 18-yard line. Such a shame his career got finished with a bad injury... knee ligaments I believe?

Walker's a good player no doubt, but for me still a long way from the best loanee and striker I'd rate in my 30 years watching the Imps... Davide Somma.

Wish there was a showreel of his Lincoln goals on YouTube somewhere... that lad could do everything... strong, decent in the air, pace, great technique, a poacher in the box and lethal anywhere near the 18-yard line. Such a shame his career got finished with a bad injury... knee ligaments I believe?

Yes remember Somma, some player. Was at Torquay for his brace there.

in walker's defence, he has done it at a higher level than anyone has played for us for 20 years.
last player to beat his goalscoring total, at this level, was over 35 years ago. that is a long time.

Agree r.e. Somma being an all round excellent striker and also with the above post, although he was that good at L2 level you'd have imagined L1 would have been fine for him.

Agree with the Somma comments, great striker. I'm struggling to think of a better natural finisher that I've seen for the Imps than Walker. In the conversation I'd have Derek Bell, Yeo, Somma,Taylor-Fletcher, Grimes, Forrester. But would be between Bell and Walker for me.
T.Battersby definitely not in the conversation.

Agree with the Somma comments, great striker. I'm struggling to think of a better natural finisher that I've seen for the Imps than Walker. In the conversation I'd have Derek Bell, Yeo, Somma,Taylor-Fletcher, Grimes, Forrester. But would be between Bell and Walker for me.
T.Battersby definitely not in the conversation.

I'd put Phil Stant in there too.

He did, just bloody unlucky with injury
9 in 14 for us
Didn’t play much after 2011/2012 from memory?
Scored some brilliant goals for us.
On Stant think he got 16 in 22 in 96/97 but struggled after that .

Add John Ward to that list?

In truth not "a natural finisher" as he could miss a lot of chances but had a goalscorer's instinct beyond any other player I've ever seen. He'd shank a good chance wide and 5 minutes later would find the space and timing to make amends.

Add John Ward to that list?

In truth not "a natural finisher" as he could miss a lot of chances but had a goalscorer's instinct beyond any other player I've ever seen. He'd shank a good chance wide and 5 minutes later would find the space and timing to make amends.
Add Dixie McNeil & Peter Graham and of course Big Perc, not for his finesse but sheer power and the ability to scare the shite out of the opposition.

Interesting to see the Forest athletic reporter saying:

"Walker is more of an all-round front man, in contrast to Grabban who works prodigiously hard and holds the ball up brilliantly, but whose main strength is his poacher instinct in front of goal."

Not really my perspective. Thought he struggled to impose himself on some games as an all round forward and couldn't hold it up, but fantastic anywhere around the pen box