W.Ham Thread. | Page 5 | Vital Football

W.Ham Thread.

elland_canary - 9/11/2013 12:43

Sorry Olly, 3 goals? we couldn't convert 1 from 31 attempts against Cardiff, and don't even recall 1 decent chance against the mancs, how many chances do you think we will create today?

Gut feeling Elland, gut feeling

Hope you're right Olly. Am just off to find a pub in Halifax to watch the game, it is my intention to find one serving a good ale, hopefully Hobgoblin or Ram Tam, then at least any disaster will be well numbed until morning

I am home again after match and much beer.....That had to be the worst 1st half I can remember....Dire!

Second half and the final result..well what can I say...Good boys well done!

Yes first half was dire and we looked hopeless. Second half showed alot more guts and spirit. Well done NCFC!!
Keep that up. Shame we have an international break now.

well Olly, hats off to you, you said 3-1 and I couldn't see that in a million years, in fact, after the first half I was that inebriated I don't remember much of the second half, was busy trying to numb the pain of the first half, just staggered back from pub to find we won 3-1, how did that happen?

I went to the loo in the first half and missed their goal and the ref falling over. I have seen worse performances than that first half; Fulham away springs to mind but this was close.

I haven't seen MOTD nor the sky recording yet but that looked to me like a sure fire penalty. I don't think the ref would have given it if he had thought he could get away with it; he let their many, many fouls go while blowing up for our fouls and their dives. There were quite a few of those. Snodders was targeted yet again with no protection from the ref.

Apparently he was the same one that officiated at Chelsea. :fury:

Just watched the game...yep very early..but after many pints yesterday..I awoke aching..anyway..penalty..yep a cert! Ref was spot on..keeper got nothing on the ball after he fumbled it..Hooper got in front of him and was brought down by jaaskailinen`s arms...so it was definately a pen!

After Howsons shot rattled the crossbar Snodders was barged over going for the rebound...(Rex agreed, Snodders targeted again)so the free kick was correct.
The freekick itself was simply sublime..as good as you will see..superb.

Fers icing on the cake was superb also..determination was etched all over his face...took em on and scored.

Now thats our Norwich...were out of the drop zone, we played with grit and determination to turn the game on its head.

The crowd came alive (Not much to shout about in the first half) the crowd were cheering CH....A job well done by all concerned in my book.

A lot of work still to be done..anything at Newcastle will be great..however its again a must must win against Palace...As Sminky says..shame its the International break coming up.

OTBC

A nice article from the Irons pov.

http://hammersintheheart.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/a-game-of-two-halves.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+HammersInTheHeart+(Hammers+in+the+Heart)

I got the usual unbiased point of view from my West Ham mate , saying how they were all over us , we got a lucky pen , and a sob story about all their injuries and how they would have won 8-0 if Caroll and Vaz Te had been fit etc etc .