vs Ross County | Vital Football

vs Ross County

wee_od_88

Vital Football Hero
So we now know we will be playing Juventus in the last 16 of the Champions League, but first we have many domestic games to play!

Next up is a home game against Ross County!

Lennon has confirmed Ledley is to be rested to allow his injury to settle down and will not be back until mid-January. Kris Commons is still out injured.

Another thing to bear in mind for January, possibly concerning Rogne and the Champions League as well.....Efe Ambrose is likely to be off to play for Nigeria at the African Cup of Nations. Depending on how well Nigeria do, he may not be back in time to go straight into the team for the first game against Juve and we will also need a fit Rogne around as cover at CB during January.

In another bit of news, our development squad are playing a Blackburn team today. The team is:

Zaluska; O'Connell, Fraser, Rogne, Chalmers; McGeouch, Herron, McCourt, George; Bangura, Watt

Subs: Thomson, Findlay, Atajic, Twardzik, Kidd, Lindsay, Johnstone

I thought I would mention this as it gives an insight into the weekend's side. None of the players playing today will start on Saturday. Bangura is back and straight into the development squad....time to prove his worth!
Good to see Paul George back in action after breaking his leg last season. John Herron is supposed to be a good young midfielder who is quite versatile, O'Connell at RB is one I'm not too sure about but I think he is maybe only about 16 so that's an interesting choice! Hopefully another bright young player for the future!

All the players on the bench are good as well and have a good chance of making the step up to first team football with a bit of luck and hard work. Don't be surprised if a number of the people in the starting line-up and the on the bench all go out on loan in the second half of the season! We need to start getting some of them some regular first team football to bring on their development!

HT in the development squad game.

Celtic 2 - 1 Blackburn

Celtic goals from Paul George.......and Mo Bangura!!!

Latest Celtic News