vs Killie | Vital Football

vs Killie

wee_od_88

Vital Football Hero
Back to Parkhead to face Kilmarnock tonight. Lennon should be punishing those who didn't perform at the weekend by dropping them.

I'm not sure exactly who that was as I missed almost the entire game. He should have those who are going to play very fired up! We need a good performance and preferably plenty of goals tonight!

Fraser Forster is still missing with his neck injury, he may be back for the game on Sunday against Raith Rovers but they don't want to rush him back either.

So as I am unsure who SHOULD be playing tonight, what does everyone else think?

Well, Sammy put in a lazy performance, Wanyama was poor and Mulgrew was terrible. So I would say Stokes should gt a start, Kayal in for Wanyama and Commons for Sammy. Rogne over Mulgrew.

So it's:

Matthews-----Rogne------Wilson-----Izzy
Brown------Kayal--------Ledley--------Commons
--------------Hooper-------------Stokes---------------

Tonight's line-up - Zaluska; Matthews, Lustig, Wilson, Izaguirre; Brown, Wanyama, Mulgrew, Commons; Samaras, Hooper

subs: Thomson, Lassad, Ledley, Rogne, Kayal, Watt, Stokes

We're keeping the ball in their half, but they are putting nine men behind the ball. it's all very crowded just now.

Samaras is having one of those frustrating nights again! Seeing loads of the ball but doing nothing with it or miscontrolling it!

It's all us but need to be more clinical!

Izzy is off.....Ledley is on. Sticking with the same formation, Wanyama moves back to defence and Mulgrew moves out to the LWB position.

I missed the Matthews goal and the Kilmarnock goal. Kilmarnock goal was apparently a poor goal to give away, Wanyama beaten too easily then the ball crossed and Sheridan put it in the net.

Not sure about Matthews but Stokes made it 3-1 with a cracking goal. Good run in behind the defenders, Hooper slid the ball through, Stokes rounds the keeper, nearly too far but he find the back of the net!

A fabulous emphatic win with strong finishing. It could have been about 8-1, too. Great play all around. Matthews was inspired, as was Brown. Commons also looked very good and Stokes seems to be finding his legs quickly. A great way to see off Kenny Shiels and his loud mouth ways. :emoticon:04 :emoticon:04 :emoticon:04

It was a frustrating performance and we were a little lucky at times but a well deserved emphatic win in the end. Hooper should have been on the scoresheet.

We were all over them and should have been way out of sight! Good to get the win in the end. Great to see Stokes back on the goal trail. Matthews is really enjoying playing as a RWB! It suits his game better and we are reaping the benefits now with his goals!

Now to keep our heads on for the game against Raith Rovers on Sunday........

hi bhoys non related to game but just a note to say ive put a thread in the members area regarding something i'm doing at the moment and that explains why i havent been online. thanks

Latest Celtic News