vs Hibs | Vital Football

vs Hibs

wee_od_88

Vital Football Hero
Back at Celtic Park/Parkhead/Paradise/home this weekend for the game against Hibs.

If we win this game and Motherwell lose to St Mirren, we are guaranteed the title! :emoticon:04

Hibs on the other hand must win this game to have any chance of finishing the season in the top 6. :emoticon:36 considering how well they started the season, that would be a huge disappointment if they didn't make it in! Hibs are the only team we are yet to beat this season having drawn 2-2 earlier in the season and then beaten 1-0 at Easter Road. :emoticon:26

Wanyama is available for the game while his appeal against last week's ridiculous red card is being considered.
Kris Commons who went off with a nasty looking ankle injury is being given as much time as possible to prove his fitness but my guess would be he is restricted to a place on the bench at best.
Mikael Lustig is back in contention after a knee injury which he seemed to initially recover from quite well but despite playing 45 mins for Sweden against Ireland during the international break, he wasn't quite ready for last weekend's game. He is still a doubt!

Adam Matthews, Scott Brown and James Forrest are all still on the sidelines.

Based on Lustig and Commons not being fit enough to start, I would go with:

Forster
Ambrose - Wilson - Mulgrew - Izzy
Kayal - Wanyama - Ledley
Watt - Samaras
Hooper

Rogic played a blinder midweek for the U20s and played the full 90mins so he should at least be on the bench if not in contention to start the game! Tony Watt also scored in that game so should be in a similar position. McGeouch will be on the bench again I think, he did well coming on last weekend but I still think there are others ahead of him.

My only concern with that team is that Lennon has complained that he isn't getting the performances from players that he wants.....the only way I can see to fix that is to change things up a bit....get them scared for their place in the team etc.
People like Gershon, Rogic, McGeouch, Watt, Atajic, Lassad, Fraser and some of the young midfielders who are still to make their debuts could all be brought in and perhaps if we do tie up the title this weekend, that's when Lennon will start doing that!

That's a pretty good lineup, but I would like to see McGeough or Rogic get some action. If Rogic played 90 minutes, he may be better off the bench. Ambrose looks like our only option at right back. I could actually see Lenny going with a 3-5-2 with:

Ambrose----------Wilson---------Izzy
Kayal---------Wanyama-------Ledley----------Mulgrew
-----------Samaras-----------------------------------
-----Hooper-----------------------Stokes--------------

If Lennon were to to with the 3-5-2 then I think your line-up is correct with the exception of Mulgrew and Izzy, I think they would or should be swapped around.

As I said though, the problem with playing those players AGAIN is that Lennon has not been happy with their performances.....if he's not happy then surely someone has to be dropped?

I agree with you though, I'd like to see McGeouch and Rogic get some time on the pitch, preferably starting. The game Rogic played 90 minutes in was on Tuesday night so he should have recovered in time to start if Lennon wants him to.

I know Lenny is unhappy with heir play. But with so many players injured, he has few options. And I still maintain that the real reason for the slump is brown's absence. Not only do we lack his leadership and spark, but we have no one on the right side. Forrest is also out. Kayal is not a right-sided midfielder. Frankly, he's not that good in central midfield either.

He does have few options but players like Watt, McGeough, Rogic, Gershon and the other young lads are all available......OK you could say we are then not playing our strongest team but these players have already shown they can come in and play at this level....besides the title is in the bag!

I couldn't watch the game live as I was in Glasgow to see Mrs Brown's Boys which if you haven't heard of it welch is an Irish comedy filmed in Glasgow and it's hilarious! I really recommend having a watch if you can!

As for the game itself, I have seen the highlights and the first thing I'd like to comment on is Gary Hooper......what has he done different in the last week? He looked sharp and most of all he looked fit in that game! From what I saw he was running on to lots of through balls and properly sprinting for the ball like we saw in his first season. Haven't seen him look that fit in a long time! Great to see! Hopefully it's bring some more goals for him, he should have had a couple against Hibs and you could see that he knew it too! Was starting to get annoyed with himself!

Commons was a surprise inclusion after what appeared to be a nasty injury last week but he is our man in form at the moment and got himself two good goals yesterday and should have definitely had a 3rd!

When our 3rd goal did come.....even Mikael Lustig wasn't celebrating because he knew he missed his header and it came off his arm.....awful refereeing again, luckily not against us this week!

Looking forward to seeing more of Rogic during the last 5 games of the season!

It was a pretty dominant display. Great possession and Hibs rarely threatened. Commons was possessed. Just incredible and he is clearly our most creative force. What a steal he has been.

Not just creative welch.....he's probably our biggest goalscoring threat at the moment too! lol

Would like to see Commons and Rogic on together.....two creative forces in midfield is better than just one!

Hooper is in one of his swoons just now. It is good to have Commons step up right now. That's a good shout on having Commons and Rogic together in midfield.

Hi guys :emoticon:18 I agreee with welch, Commons is by far our biggest threat at the moment, he's playing like a man possessed and we need some goal scoring talent at the moment as Hooper is going through one of his lulls. I'm actually surprised we won this one so easily, we've been making hard work of Hibs this season so was good to see a convincing win and display, shame I don't get to see any Celtic matches anymore due to work but will try and catch the Scottish Cup Final if we make it to it.

Latest Celtic News