vs Hearts (Scottish Cup) | Page 3 | Vital Football

vs Hearts (Scottish Cup)

Fucksake!! out of all the big games that came along this season can you count how many we've won? League Cup final? lost, Title decider at Ibrox? lost, first Old Firm? lost and now this. Besides the Old Firm at christmas we've lost all of them, we threw it away here today and frankly I'm sickened. This is a great team Neil Lennon has, but we need more experience in there. We can't win these types of games at all. That's a treble that should have been now gone. I'm not calling for Lennon's head or anything but jesus christ this is disgraceful. Admittedly the decision at the end was disgraceful but we should have had them dead and buried before that. Sickened!!

SHould have gone with Stokes and Hooper up front from the start. And the thin central defense is exposed once again when we don't have Rogne or Mulgrew in there. Ki should hae tied or won the game with either on of those headers.

Also, the midfield did not get it done today. Ledley was absent for long portions of the game. Commons is not the playmaker we had last year. Without Forrest, the team lacks creativity. Ki played well despite the missed headers. brown was pretty good. But, really, the more effective combination is Sammy out left with Hooper and Stokes up front.

SHITE! JUST FUCKING SHITE!

We had an awful start, Kilson and Mulgrew with mistakes, Hearts closed us down very quick and we couldn't handle it. They tired and we grew into the game and were dominant at the end of the first half.
Second half, Beattie comes on and Loovens and Kilson fall to pieces, nobody can deal with him! We didn't change our game in the second half, we just kept trying to go on the same despite the changes they made. Samaras goes off for Stokes and we continue playing long, high balls up the pitch...to nobody but a Hearts player!

We had chances to score today and we didn't take them, Ki with two headers, Hooper with a header in the first half, Stokes practically on the fucking line and just times when we should have taken a shot or just put our foot on the ball to make a cross even if it wasn't going to get there because of a defence, just gain a corner, instead it went out for a goal-kick.

Ki should have scored twice, I feel that it should have been a penalty for the foul on him in the box. Hooper was offside, marginally for the goal but I think that is the situation where advantage should be given to the attacking team. WHY THE FUCK was Hooper being played in midfield with Commons up front a lot today???? If Commons had a better touch with his right foot, we had a certain goal in the first half. Had it been Hooper, it might have been a goal.

I thought Forster could have done better for the Hearts goal but Mulgrew shouldn't have gone to the goal, he should have gone with the man, better chance of stopping the shot!
Lustig was never really tested in defence but going forward I thought he was good and played in some good crosses, made some good through passes and made some good runs.
Loovens, struggled to deal with Beattie but was no nonsense for the most of it and certainly one of the better performers in defence.
Kilson, if that performance doesn't sum up why he could/should be sold this summer then I don't know what will. He didn't dominate, I don't know whether his early mistake just rattled him or what but he needs to be a stronger character if that is going to rattle him for a whole game.
Mulgrew was kept quiet by Hearts today, he couldn't get too far forward and they shut him down at every opportunity. Still managed some good crosses but just took too long on the ball sometimes.

Brown had to go and mark Black to try and take him out of the game, was good and combative for the most but didn't quite have enough going forward today.
Ki had two GLORIOUS chances to score and generally I thought he played well today. Tried to link the play and got a good thing going with Lustig down the right and he kept going until the end today.
Ledley seemed very quiet today, just didn't seem to get into the game and seemed a bit lost in the setup.

Commons, had an incredible chance to score, his delivery was good and towards the end of the game his running with the ball was good but still looks unfit and his touch is still hiding from him!
Hooper played midfield at times just to come and link the play, which he did really well but WHY was he doing that? He's our goal scorer, we needed him in the box!
Samaras was poor today. The space to run into was not there and he generally struggled and didn't seem up for it. I'm not sure he won a single high ball today.

Stokes came on, didn't get much of the ball but had a couple of good chances, one should have been a goal! Wanyama came on and played RB....I think we've found ANOTHER position he can play. I thought he did pretty well! McGeouch came on for Brown and played on the right wing and again, I think he did well and he really looks like he can cut it in the first team!

Can anyone explain how our front 6 were supposed to be playing today? I couldn't see any real formation or setup!

Why Ki's penalty was not given I have no idea! I can understand the Hearts penalty because of where Ledley's arm is but it's still harsh because he was trying to protect himself and he was so close to the ball, there was nothing he could do! As for the last penalty claim, I can again understand the decision. Webster hasn't moved his arm to the ball, his arm is by his side, but at the same time it's stopped a chance of a goal and it HAS hit his arm so how is it really any different from Ledley?

Lenny has done himself no favours with running on the pitch to the ref at full time. He'll get hauled up in front of the SFA or SPL or whoever again. Hearts fans despise him as it is, they will hate him even more now!

At the end of the day, decisions didn't go our way, we didn't play well enough and we didn't put the ball in the net when we had the chance! Why we continued to cross the ball and play high balls when we had nobody in there who could get on the end of the crosses was one which confused the hell out of me! Saying that, we had little other option since Hearts were playing a back 5 or 6 at times plus there was always another 2 or 3 midfielders just outside the box, there was no space to be had! This was the game we needed our big Hartson or Sutton type striker!

We should have at least won the double this season, can't believe we are finishing this season with only one trophy......that is CRIMINAL!

30 yard screamer inti the top corner ti win the gamegg fair eggnough,but no like that.how could he gie that a penalty when the baw wis so close ti the players hand,how could he stand ony chance o' gettin oot the way.thats the kind o' decision that causes riots....but we won whit coonted so in that respect it,s hard ti take but we goat whit we wanted this season.

We got what we wanted eggy, but we should have had and deserved more this season! Huge disappointment to finish the season and I wonder whether that changes much about our plans this summer and for next season.....

So the referee Euan Norris told players and the Celtic coaching team that he thought Wanyama handled the ball........REALLY??? Well then it's even more unbelievable that he gave that for handball but didn't give Webster's and that is the point that Alan Thompson made on behalf of the Celtic team after the game.

Lennon looks to have been getting himself into more bother on twitter by claiming the refereeing decision was personal and then retweeting a tweet by a Celtic fan claiming it's time we "packed our bags and left this league run by the crooked SFA".

Lennon storming onto the pitch at full time is set to land him a hearing in front of the SFA to explain his actions.

I could honestly see him walking away this summer now......had we won today then he would have continued on, no question but now I think he may feel Celtic are being held back because of how officials and others feel about Lennon himself. He had hinted that he would consider everything (including his family and things off the pitch) this summer before talking about a new deal.

So now some Celtic fans are calling for Lennon to go as his team are "bottlers".......some "fans" on twitter gave him some unnecessary and nasty criticism and comments on twitter last night as well.

Anyone on here think Lennon's time is up and he should go? Some are saying he should go simply because of the way he is treated by fans and the SFA, it's felt he will never get a fair go.

In other news, the U17s take on Rangers in the Glasgow Cup Final tonight. Good luck Bhoys! We know you will get the job done!

I am seriously considering applying for a scouting role with the club.....John Park is one of the top targets for Liverpool chiefs after being impressed by the worldwide young talent he has found in his 5 years with Celtic and after Damian Commoli was sacked last week, Park is one of the top choices to be brought in. The American owners were unhappy at forking out £120m on players who have mainly turned out to be flops!

i lets get a manager wi nae passion and nae heart.lennon is yin o' us and he should be here as long as he wants and the results go.we didnnae bottle it,i thoucht wi played awritegg wi plenty o' the baw.but coodnnae pit it in the net.but the penalty wis jist wrong.
heard an interview wi craig beetie.he says herta came ti frustrate celtic,in other words they didnnae come ti play fitbaw...did he leave celtic oan bad terms ?
he showed he has no class gawn by his runnin roond likegg a heidless chicken..a heidless fat chicken by the look o' it.

Lenny is not going anywhere unless he is really fed up with living under heavy security. He has to stop this prattling on Twitter. The team outplayed a hertz but didn't knock in the good chances. The first goal was a bad one to concede, but we really outplayed them.

I agree with you both. Lenny's passion and desire is what makes him but yesterday it once again boiled over with him storming onto the pitch!

In this game, we certainly didn't bottle it, we were by far the better team and Hearts came out to frustrate us and ride their luck and hope to hit us on the counter. Paulo Sergio wasn't happy with that plan at half time and so brought Beattie on; who, to be fair, played a blinder! Their first goal was a shambles from our point of view.

If Lenny walked away.....we'd have a hard time replacing him! He will never be shown the door and won't let fans drive him out!

Lenny wont have to walk,he'll be sitting in the stands for half of next season,and thats wrong. If The Hertz pen was a pen then we had two stonewallers. Apart from that these things happen,we could have won it 4-1 but Ki's heid was on wrong and Stokes and Hooper could have done better as well as commons. Bottlers? NO, LEAUGUE CHAMPIONS...................YES. :emoticon:14

I read that today as well Jimmy......17 game ban not only for this one incident but for the accumulation of his SFA hearings! It would incredibly harsh, but unsurprising! Using him as an example!

I think if he was dished out something as harsh as that.....he might just walk away in disgust!

Agree with you about Hooper and Commons, Stokes didn't get much time on the pitch or much of the ball but he did have an incredible chance to score! Sammy was a big disappointment for me!

i think we all know the sfa r biased and always have been but idont think its been bad this year. we got 2 goals against us not given (v hearts and rangers) and we didnt get a pen in cis cup final and didnt get the decision v hearts in semi but hoopers goal was offside. i just think we should of buried the chances in this game. but now we must dispatch the huns other than that the seasons over really

I hear your logic wee oD,but personally I think if the sfa bann him for 17 games he will do more than stay,he'll build a team to make those bastards choke on thir pious and mealy mouthed sentiments. :emoticon:11

I agree with Liam,but I disagree with fat men living out of our pockets.

Charlie Nicholas has taken quite a swipe at Stokes. He is suggesting that Celtic will look to push on now and trimming down the squad and bringing in new, better players is what will happen and Stokes will be told of the for sale list! Stokes is apparently someone we could easily replace with someone better because he can't lead the line in European games, hasn't been trusted in the big games and because he is the sort of striker that needs a partner up front with him. He believes there are a number of Celtic players currently at the club who will not be seen as players for the future and will be sold on.....

Well all I can say is that while he has a fair point about strengthening the team, Stokes is not top of the list for most fans! Sammy, Commons, Paddy etc would all go before Stokes!

Latest Celtic News