vs Dundee Utd | Vital Football

vs Dundee Utd

wee_od_88

Vital Football Hero
Away to Dundee Utd in an early Saturday kick off.....some things will never change in Scottish football, such as us playing a big European game midweek and then being told to play the early game on a Saturday!

New signing Biton goes straight into contention and if we have to rest many players after the midweek game then I think we could well see him on the bench.

I think Lennon will rest a number of players today as some were pushed a bit during the week and a few knocks were certainly picked up.

It looks as though Tony Watt will not be in the squad today as he has requested a season long loan move to get valuable first team experience to try and keep his progress going rather than play sporadically or off the bench for us this season; Neil Lennon agrees! Watt and his reps have apparently narrowed it down to Lierse in Belgium or Aberdeen. Apparently he is flying to Belgium this morning to check out their facilities. While the club are struggling in Belgium, Watt could help them and certainly would get first team football and in a good footballing league!

Personally I'd like to see:

Forster
Fisher - Moyoukolo - VVD - Izzy
McGeouch - Henderson - Brown - Derk
Rogic
Balde

Subs: Zaluska, Ledley, Commons, Stokes, Lustig, Biton, Mulgrew

I just think that we will need a nice fresh team today.

Matthews is still working his way back to fitness so another start today might be a bit much for him. Lustig's fitness seems to need to be managed quite closely anyway, he doesn't always play the full 90. VVD needs the game time to get back to match fitness and sharpness. Keep Brown in midfield because he's a very fit player anyway and we would need his experience to keep things together in the engine room. Rogic is fit again so needs game time and playing him up behind Balde who also needs game time I think is hist best position and the two should link up well while Derk also needs game time and his pace down the wing should be good!

Latest Celtic News