vs Aberdeen | Page 2 | Vital Football

vs Aberdeen

welch47 - 13/9/2014 15:18

I think Sceppo is just getting used to his teammates. oo early for me to judge.

The FBs were way to far forward most of the game and neither has the pace to get back. I think we will need to adjust, especially in Europe. Hopefully, Deila is not too intellectually stubborn.

We already have a building pile of evidence of Ronny's stubborn naivety in Europe.

I know. It was a bright and sunny morning and I was waxing optimistic. The only thing that gives me hope is that he and Lawwell have been asking for time and patience, which says that they have heard the displeasure of the support and maybe will start to right things.

Hey gents! Apologies I was't on much recently, just not had time to actually post.

First half against Aberdeen seemed pretty good, although we started to take our foot off the gas a little in the final 10-15mins. Most of the media reports are putting it down to Scott Brown getting a bit tired. The same thing happened in the 2nd half, we started quite bright but soon faded, which coincided with Brown getting tired and then being subbed.
Brown really does bring a lot to our team and our midfield in particular! As also pointed out in a match report I read, it seemed as though he brings that extra bit of play out of Johansen as well.

Tonev looked quite good, get him up to speed and fit and he could be a real asset. He has explosive pace!

Scepovic looks like he can finish, if he stays onside! I don't really see the threat in the air from him though. He did look fairly strong though, can probably hold the ball up well.
Guidetti on the other hand, he looked impressive. OK he didn't really get close to goal but he showed speed, skill, strength.....he looks like a class act!

I still think we have an issue in defence, we haven't even looked close to keeping clean sheets! I don't think we can say that it's the fault of the players too much though. VVD was kind of at fault for the goal because he wasn't aware of the ball coming back over to the back post, he was very static but there just seems to be too much space available. Even when the fullbacks are defending, it seems like there isn't enough help from the midfield.
It's strange though because it's not hugely different to last season.

All correct, Wee Od. I think Brown brings a confidence to the other players and he just knows where to be to control the flow of play. We're a different side with him in there.

Guidetti and Scepovic look good. That should strengthen the attack, but we are troubled in defense. both VvD and Denayer get caught out of position too often. That's why Denayer is out on loan and why VvD isn't ready for the EPl, no matter what his greedy agent might be telling him. It also doesn't help having Lustig and Matthews out. Ambrose is a liability at right back.

welch47 - 17/9/2014 14:57

It also doesn't help having Lustig and Matthews out. Ambrose is a liability at right back.

To be fair he's probably looked better there than at CB so far this season! :emoticon:15

I think he is a serviceable CB in a formation like Lenny played last year. He and VvD were tough to break down because the fullbacks didn't charge so far up the field. Ambrose is awful if defenders can run at him. Just awful. And this open, Mowbrayball exposes his weakness.

Latest Celtic News